Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keshava Murthy Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 07:43 PM
    Archives made by McAfee Antivirus
    I have some McAfee archived data file on my computer which is as big as 18GB. Actually what is this data? Can I delete them as they are holding gigabytes of space? If I delete them would it harm me in any manner. Appreciate if some one can throw some light on this and make me understand.

Thanks
    Keshav
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 15, 2009, 01:42 PM

I'd delete them if they're that big. They can't contain any useful data. If that causes any problem at all, uninstall McAfee, delete everything that you can find related to McAfee. Download CCleaner and run the registry cleaner part of that and delete everything it finds. Re-run CCleaner's registry cleaner and delete everything it finds until it finds nothing (usually two scans, sometimes three are required). Then, reinstall McAfee.

If that causes you any problems, there are a number of antivirus products that, I believe are better or at least as good as McAfee and they are free for home use.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yearbook archives search [ 3 Answers ]

I was hoping someone might know where I can find and view a copy of my 2001 yearbook? There are a lot of sites that promise this but when you click its all fake or bs I'm from norman Oklahoma and have no idea how or where to find this please please I can use your assitance.

Viewing and deleting archives [ 1 Answers ]

How do I view my archives and how do I erase them?

HOw do I delete McAfee .dll files inorder to install Norton Antivirus? [ 1 Answers ]

Please Please help. I'm trying toinstall Norton Antivirus but I need to get rid of my old McAfee antivirus program first. I have uninstalled it already but there are still a few of it's mcAfee files that won't delete.. It's saying access denied.. (disk full or write-protected) . These are all dll...

Dilemma! (Job in archives) [ 2 Answers ]

I am soon to become a history graduate and had decided that I would like to work in museums/archives. I had therefore decided the best way forward was to do a MA in Museum Studies to which I have been accepted. However, recently I have been told about a job with a local archive center which is a 2...

View more questions Search