Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jubjub101 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Tips on starting middle school
    I'm sooooooooooo scared about starting middle school I'm happy scared and confused about it any tips on how to start it off right... :confused::):(:eek:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 10:00 PM

Hi, jubjub101!

One thing that you might want to do is to see if a secretary or teacher might be willing to give you a tour of the school that you'll be attending to get you oriented some so that your first days there are not as confusing as they might be.

Hopefully, others will also be along to address your question.

Thanks!

Feb 10, 2009, 04:18 PM

Thanks a ton!!
    EllaSFO Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 04:46 PM

Does the school have a summer program that you can attend before middle school begins next year? Attending a program during the summer would introduce you to students, teachers, and the campus. Touring the school would be a great idea, but what about shadowing? You may be able to set up a shadow day in which you would be paired up with a current student and spend a day at the school in advance. If neither option is viable... just know that the other kids are going to feel the same way that you do. So treat them the way you would like to be treated. Smile, be outgoing... even if you're normally shy, and good luck! It'll be a great new adventure!

Feb 11, 2009, 04:45 PM

Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 10:28 PM

Hi again, jubjub101!

What season of the year is it now where you live, please?

Thanks!

Feb 12, 2009, 04:51 PM

Spring
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Don't worry hun. You will be going to school, most likely, with the kids you go to school with now, the only difference is it's a different building.

Will your friends be going to the same school with you? Just hang with them and in a few days you will feel right at home again.
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Feb 14, 2009, 01:44 PM

This is what you do the first day:

Find out where your locker, classrooms, restrooms, office,. are. Trust, you will feel a LOT better once you know the landscape of the school and classroom.

Next, you should get to know your teacher. Tell them your name and stuff they'll need to get to know you. Ask them their name.

Tips:

I think that the biggest mistake a middle schooler make is not speaking up. They would sit there while the teacher is explaining a problem, even though they don't understand, they don't ask. If you don't understand, ask! If you don't have the courage, come in after class, after school, or find a time to ask them!

Trust me, it's A LOT easier than it sounds! It's just like elementary but a little bit more mature students. Some, anyway.
    mastermagican Posts: 66, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2009, 05:49 PM

4 tip
    Show up
    Pay attintion
    Behave
    Doy your work
    That's how to pass!
    Miss Helpful Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2009, 05:59 PM

Hey there! I'm in 7th grade right now and it is not easy! But starting middle school is really easy. The teachers are very leaneant, there is barely any homework, and making new friends is easy. Hope you have a good first year!
    drumer5289 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 05:27 PM

I am going to start middle school too. I know that it may seem scary and weird but my bro goes to middle school and he says its just like elementry except you get 7 teachers
    Katt1997 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2009, 04:47 PM

I don't know what your school does for you before you start, but mine gives us an orientation the Thurs. before school starts. They give us our schedule for the year and give us maps of the school. Then they give us time to walk around the school to find our classes. It really helped me out. Contact your school and find out if they do anything like that! Hope this helps!
    mmladybee Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 06:02 AM

Well first you always want to get on the good side of the teacher so smile and be as nice as you can be and do your homework and make sure you're prepared and organized so the teacher will give you a reward and finally have a planner and make sure you're parents check with your homework
    claireinNC123 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jul 23, 2009, 12:07 PM
    at my school (future middle schooler to!!!!) we can show up any time during summer vacation and look around, walk that halls, that kind of stuff. hope this helps
    dejanay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2011, 03:58 PM
    Yuihuhuhuhuhuhuhhhhhhhhhujhujk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Middle School Tips? [ 11 Answers ]

I need middle school avice. Like hoow much home work , and how long are classes, how long do you get to get to go from class to class. It is a one grade school.

Starting Middle School Tips [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I am starting middle school in September and I am looking for tips. I am so excited to go, but, I am curious. I read a book of tips for middle school, but I still have more questions. So if you have some useful tips, please tell me. Her are some of my questions: What do I do when I finish my...

I Need tips on Middle school [ 11 Answers ]

I NEED tips on middle school. I have no older siblings and I just moved to a new school and the elementerary school already let out for the summer. Help!:confused:

Middle School Tips [ 5 Answers ]

I'm going into middle school this year and I'll admit, I'm a little nervous :o and have no idea what it's like:confused: . So I was just wondering if anyone had any tips!:D Thanks! :)

Starting Middle School this August and I need some tips [ 3 Answers ]

I need some tips on middle school and I'm going to the seventh grade.

View more questions Search