Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1aqlexanderhook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 05:46 PM
    Connecting a ceiling fixture
    How do I connect three wires in the ceiling to a two wire fixture?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 05:52 PM

The bare or green is ground, if tied to the box, just connect the 2 light wires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fixture, one wire too many [ 6 Answers ]

I'm having trouble installing a new ceiling light where one once was. The new fixture has two white and two black, plus a ground wire. The ceiling opening has two white, two black, a ground and one red wire. The ceiling light is controlled by a wall switch. Wiring black to black and white to white...

Wiring ceiling fixture [ 9 Answers ]

Hi... I have replaced ceiling light fixtures before, and always observed which wires were connected to which. My problem is, my son moved out and took his bedroom ceiling fixture with him, so now I don't know how the wires should connect to the new fixture. My house was built around 1950-1955. ...

Ceiling fixture to hot wires [ 8 Answers ]

I wish to hang a ceiling fixture where there are 2-two wire cables present. When I disconnect the wires it turns off power to the existing ceiling light fixtures which are connected to a 3 way switch. These wires have a constant power to them. How can I utilize these cables?

Adding second ceiling fixture [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen has 1 fluorescent ceiling fixture and I want to replace it with 2 chandeliers. How do I add the 2nd box for the new light? ( it's 3 feet away from the existing box)

Ceiling fixture [ 1 Answers ]

I have a light switch that controls the electrical sockets in the wall. I had an existing electrical box in the ceiling and I put a light up but it would not work. So I put up a ceiling fan thinking it would work because of the pull string. Well nothing is working and I don't know what I should...

View more questions Search