Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    satinderbhui Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 11:35 AM
    Will the Color Zap wash out only the dye and leave my natural color,
    Hi, I have very dark hair kind of black and I want to color them brown and my salon people told me I have very dark hair and it will be difficult to cut the color and they charge a lot to do that. I am thinkning of doing it in home please tell me will the Color Zap wash out only the dye and leave my natural color, or will it wash out all the color from my hair?
    Will it be too difficult to do it in home. Help!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 9, 2009, 03:07 PM

Sorry but what dye have you put in? And what is your natural colour?
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 9, 2009, 04:07 PM
    It may wash out the dye, but it certainly won't return your hair to its natural color. It may also take more than one application of Color Zap to get all of the artificial dye out.

Your natural color was changed by the peroxide in the dye. The natural hair color was removed. Color Zap will remove the artificial pigments and leave the remaining natural ones. It'll likely end up reddish or orangish. You have to re-dye the hair after using Color Zap. That should be expected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does demi permanent color really wash out in 10-12 washes? [ 2 Answers ]

hi, I am actually looking to shock my friends for Halloween this year because it is my last Halloween in college so i wanted to do something dramatic. anyways, I went to hot topic and picked up some raw hair color in jet black. I have always had the same hair color and was a little nervous when...

Getting back to my natural color [ 2 Answers ]

I highlighted my dark blonde hair and now I have dark roots and I hate it and want my natural color back. How do I go back to my natural color back? :confused:

How to get back to my natural color [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, most of my adult life, I have had a dishwater blonde hair with some red to it. I have ALWAYS had my hair highlighted. Which I usually did myself. It looked very natural and pretty. My hair was quite short. Well... I decided to grow my hair out. Of course, the highlighting needed to be done,...

At-home hair color using Color Zap, then Wella color [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally medium brown hair. I have always looked better with blonde hair, and I went to salons for years to have my hair colored. I can no longer afford the $100+ visits every 3 weeks, so I have tried doing it myself. Recently I used Color Zap to remove all color (because I had several...

Wash out hair color [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I used clairol natural instincts nutmeg hair color to darken my med brown hair. This brand says it will wash out in 28 shampoos- longer if you're going to a darker color. Will it fade out eventually so I'm back to my old color? I like it now, but I don't want it that way forever. A month...

View more questions Search