Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SassyBratt24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 04:39 PM
    OH yes I love the show I never miss it I like grissom and sara my two fave characters
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2006, 05:11 PM
    I am just glad I am not a police officer any longer, I am sure people expect officers to do things like thy show on TV. Most police departments don't have a CSI department, heck most don't even have any crime techs, the officer collects all the evidence and mails it to the crime lab who will look at it in 3 weeks to 3 months if they are lucky. I have had to wait over 6 months on some drug evidence before.

In Atlanta if your car is broken into, they don't even come out and investigate, they merely take the report over the phone, We at least went out and took the report in person, but did no investigation really, since there is no time or money in the buget for investigation of minor crimes.

Even on some major robberies at times what they don't show is that you have to call in all of the store employees and figerprint each and everyone, and some don't want to be fingerprinted, and of course police departmnets don't have the fingerprint comparison machines and the such. No artist to draw suspects photos and the such

So I guess the shows give people a false idea of what police will really do when they come out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search