Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adda123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Timer light switches
    Hi my landing light has switches upstairs and downstairs I would like to put timer switches on both but on fitting they do not work independently and only work when both are pushed in please helpon how to get them working independently
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 09:40 AM

Your not likely to get them to work unless there are 3-way versions. You should be able to accomplish it with a home automation system. Check out Insteon at Smarthome - Home Automation, X10, Remote Control, Lighting, Wireless Security for starters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 OR 5 way light switches [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace switches that control 4 different ways

1 light 3 different switches [ 2 Answers ]

How do I control one light with three different (DPDT) switches? And without the use of four way switches?

Hmpton Fan/Light - Light turning off like its on timer [ 2 Answers ]

Covington 54 with Thermo and remote Love the fan but light turns off in 3 minutes like it is timer/delay mode (which it is not). I put in delay mode and it shuts off in 3 minutes also. Can this be an install issue? When the light shuts off, the remote shows the light still on. Then when the...

Light switches [ 1 Answers ]

Here is a strange one. I am visiting my father, and he recently replaced an outlet in one bedroom and now the light switch no longer works. He didn't touch the switch at all. Here is the really odd part... now the same problem is in the adjoining bedroom. However, they are on different...

View more questions Search