Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fzavat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 08:24 AM
    Right click mouse menu disappeared
    This morning I messed up my Vista Lenovo laptop.
    Probably I pressed some keys in the wrong sequence and I had this behaviour:
    When I pressed "U" a "4" was typed on the screen and the right click menu of the mouse disappeared.

The first thing was easy to repair, it was simply the NumLock "on".

For the second I am still struggling and I have not found any solution yet. I press the right button of the mouse and nothing appears. It applies to applications, to the Windows Screen, etc.

Please if you a suggestion post here.
    Thank you
    Francesco
    IDEAS Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Feb 9, 2009, 11:42 AM
    Is this a Mouse (external) or the glide pad?

If it is the glide pad/joystick combo on the laptop then press Fn/F8 and see if you get a menu to configure the options and functionality of the glidepad? This is "up in the air" as I don't know the model of the laptop and they do not all have the same functions, but, I believe the TSeries do use Fn/F8.

Hope this is useful, or points in the right direction.
    fzavat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 11:29 PM
    [QUOTE=IDEAS;1538107]Is this a Mouse (external) or the glide pad?
    QUOTE]
    Thank you for the answer.

What does not work is the external mouse.
    Model is lenovo 3000 v100

The funny thing is that the pad works fine. I can click on an object and then see the right click menu by pressing the right button of the pad. The external mouse does not show any right click menu , instead!

Francesco
    IDEAS Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Feb 10, 2009, 06:19 AM

Here, then, would be my suggestion:

Check the Fn/F8 settings anyway (if you haven't already) to see if there is a setting for the external mouse buttons.

If this is not a standard two button / wheel mouse, see if there is a config software for it.

If no resolution, check the mouse on another system to see if it (the mouse) is just defective.

Also, if the mouse is USB, uninstall it through the device manager and then reconnect it in a different USB port than you normally use and see if the system redetects and installs it.

Sorry no more direct answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't right click on start menu [ 2 Answers ]

Why can't I right click on anything in my start menu? I can't pin or unpin anything nor can I switch the order of my programs (alphabetical or otherwise). Can anyone help me figure Out what has happened to my computer??

Mouse click won't work on laptop [ 3 Answers ]

I have an ASUS laptop that's driving me crazy! For some reason, it won't respond to the mouse click. For example, if I want to get on the Internet, I can get the Google screen to load up, I put in the topic that I want to serach, click search, and absolutely nothing happens, it's as if the...

Must Click Twice on Menu Buttons [ 4 Answers ]

I've just moved our site to a different computer and everything appears to be working OK except now you must click twice on all menu buttons or hyperlinks instead of once to navigate around. Would you have any ideas? Parameters I should check? Thanks so much.

Mouse-Right Click [ 2 Answers ]

How to change right click items

View more questions Search