Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mymama Posts: 76, Reputation: 10

Feb 9, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Am I?
    My period was 4 days early, it was 1 1/2 days long and not very heavy. I then ended up getting the flu and still today I am not 100%. My last normal period was Jan 5th, and this month I started on Feb 1st. I have been having a lot of gas pains and a lot of bloating. I have 2 kids, but I don't remember ever feeling like this. I would buy a test but they are not cheap if am not. So I just wanted to know what some people thought! Thank you for taken the time to read this!
    GirlWSlingshot Posts: 224, Reputation: 21

Feb 9, 2009, 11:00 AM

Go to the 99 Cent Store or Dollar Tree... all the dollar stores have pregnancy tests for $1 and they're actually highly accurate and sensitive to low levels of HCG.

There's a chance that your bleeding could have been implantation bleeding, but it also could have just been an early and light period. The only way to know for sure is to test. Pick up a dollar store test and take it with your first morning urine.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 01:26 PM

The same thing happened to me in November, but that was because I actually had the flu... bad... but I would go by the first advice given just to be on the safe side.

Feb 11, 2009, 06:00 AM
    I haven't done a test yet, and I am feeling very sick to my stomach. The gas pains are gone and I don't feel like eating anything. All I want to do is sleep, but I have always liked to sleep. I want to be and I am scared that when I take a test it is going to be negative.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 02:08 PM

Then continue trying. How long have you been trying?

Feb 11, 2009, 03:57 PM
    We have not used any protection in 4 years. My husband would just pull out or just let it go inside.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 11:10 AM

If you buy the 99¢ hpt make sure that you check the expiration date because some stores are selling expired hpt's. However they're accurate because I used it and the clinic I work in uses it too.

I would take the test next week and if it comes back negative make an appointment with your doctor to be on the safe side.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 11:34 AM
    Illness can change your period.

Don't be scared to take a test. If you aren't, the test won't change that... just let you know reality. If you are, you'll be able to make good choices sooner.

Taking folic acid/folate supplements and/or eating folate rich foods is always mentioned when someone is already pregnant (helps with neural development) but many don't cite its potential to increase fertility and don't mention it can also help the male (reduction in chromosome errors)...

You mention that you've had unprotected sex for 4 years, but also mention that he often followed withdrawal... how long have you been trying to have a child... meaning without him pulling out?

Feb 12, 2009, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahsmith2009 View Post
    have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend.
    On the expected day of my period i got a period as usual but it was different. it was heavy the first day then brown and light the second day and then nothing.
    My periods usualy last 5-6 days but this was 1-2 days .
    Its two days later now and i have started to bleed a browny coloured blood which is also quite sticky and thick.
    could this mean i am pregnant ??

any suggestions?
    Please open your own question!

Feb 12, 2009, 01:23 PM
    Couple of months, I found out I was pregnant before I missed my period with both of my other kids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search