Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mannerlane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 07:20 AM
    My husband wants to adopt. Cant find biological father. What do I do?
    I have gotten remarried and my husband wants to adopt my two children. Their biological father has not had much to do with them since 20003 and is almost 15,000 dollars behind in child support. The addresses he gave the court during the last divorce hearing are false. How can my new husband serve my exhusband with adoption papers if he can't be found? What do I do?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 08:32 AM

Your new husband can't serve your old husband with adoption papers. That isn't how it works.

What you DO, is you get a lawyer. The lawyer will help you take the steps needed to attempt to contact the biological father, and then will draw up the adoption papers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my husband adopt my daughter her biological father was never around [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has raise my daughter since she was days old we were married when she was about 4months his the only father in her life the biological father took off after he found out I was pregnant she has my last name and is starting school next year we both would really like her to had our last...

FiancŽ wants to adopt my son. Biological father is deceased [ 1 Answers ]

I have a four year old son. His biological father is deceased as of this year. My fiancé has been dad since he was four months old. Can my fiancé adopt him before we are married? And will this be a hard thing to do? If anyone can give me facts rather than opinions that would help tremendously....

Can my husband adopt our kids w/out biological father's consent? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I'm wondering if it's possible that a judge/court would terminate parental rights without the father's consent, so that my husband could adopt my two children. The biological father has not seen them in 3 1/2 years by his own choice (his family does come visit, we're only 3 hrs. away), but...

Can my husband adopt my daughter since the biological father is deceased? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is 9 years old and her biological father just died July 30th. My husband has been in her life for 7 years and I would like him to officially adopt her now. Also, I get social security for her every month so will that stop if my husband adopts?

Can my husband adopt can't find biological father [ 1 Answers ]

Can my husband adopt my child if the biological father is nowhere to be found?

View more questions Search