Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobbalina Posts: 145, Reputation: 4

Feb 9, 2009, 05:46 AM
    My christian belief
    In anybodys eyes do you think its right to be gay?

Posted this for the "pet expert" but anybody can answer
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 06:04 AM
    Hello b:

Well, if you're gay, of course it's right. If you're not, and you buy into the church crapola, then you might think it's NOT right.

So, what's new? We already know what Christians think of homosexuality. But, their opinion can be discounted because they've been brainwashed.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2009, 06:22 AM

According to basic Christian, Muslim and Jewish teachings, homosexual activity and its practice is wrong.

There are newer break off groups in all faiths that have accepted those beleifs, ( opinion more for the people and the donations than any real faith issues) And you will find some break off group that will accept any type of desire known to man if you search.

But historically and still in the majority ( Western culture), religious groups do not accept this behavior.
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 06:26 AM

Scripture is clear, and here is one example. Note that some in the church in Corinth fell into each of these sins and were brought out of them.

1 Cor 6:8-11
    9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
    NKJV
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 06:34 AM
    Hello T:

I didn't know you disdain drunkards just like you do homosexuals...

How come you let drunkards, marry then? Or how come you don't pass a law that takes away a drunkards right to drink? Or how come it's OK to drink, but not get drunk? Wouldn't that mean that it's OK for two guys to kiss, if they didn't go any further?

Just curious.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello T:

I didn't know you disdain drunkards just like you do homosexuals...

How come you let drunkards, marry then? Or how come you don't pass a law that takes away a drunkards right to drink? Or how come it's ok to drink, but not get drunk? Wouldn't that mean that it's ok for two guys to kiss, if they didn't go any further?

Just curious.

excon
    I neither disdain those who drink excessively nor homosexuals.

Why is a "drink" okay - it is not a sin. Jesus drank wine. Scripture is clear on this point that the sin is excessive drinking.

But you are right to point out that each are stated in scripture to be sins, and no sin is better than another, so none of us can claim to be better than those who practice homosexuality. We all need to come to Christ for forgives of our sins.

Rom 3:23
    23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    NKJV

To often homosexuality is presented to be somehow a worse sin than others, and that is not true.

This, BTW, is not talking about the law of the land, but what is and is not a sin.

Feb 9, 2009, 07:16 AM

Well personally my belief is of course Christian... im protestant... because the 'other' christian whatever you call them like baptists, methodists and other things like that... they all believe in different things... they keep taking stuff out of the bible to butter things up for the homosexual belief... like right here in WV... they have a gay church... im getting confused about the Christian belief... I know its wrong I was raised that it was and is but sometimes I just wonder...
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 07:23 AM
    Hello again, b:

Nobody here is telling you that you should accept homosexuality. If you think it's wrong, then it is. If your church believes that gay people shouldn't marry, then your church shouldn't marry gay people, and you can keep gay people OUT of your church if you want to.

Those are your rights, and nobody here would attempt to convince you otherwise.

I think your confusion is GOOD, too. I think people ought to challenge conventional wisdom instead of blindly accepting the rules of the past. Why don't you go to the gay church and talk to those people? You might find out some stuff.

excon

Feb 9, 2009, 07:29 AM

We don't keep anybody out of church its Gods house anybody and everybody is accepted there...
    I was at a store yesterday with my parents and sis... I noticed them first but a lesbian couple walked in the door holding hands and my dad started making fun of them... he was just like 'they want to be noticed so I'm noticing'... they didn't hold hands after that but still I don't like to hurt peoples feelings so I didn't join along but I wanted to... I mean I have a gay friend but I don't make fun of her or anything but I still think its wrong
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbalina View Post
    i dont like to hurt peoples feelings so i didnt join along but i wanted to...
    Hello b:

It's a shame your father DOES like to hurt feelings... You should instruct him on the Christian belief of "love thy neighbor as thyself". Plus, he's not even being polite. Doesn't he want you to be polite??

You've got your work cut out for you. It's VERY difficult to overcome a childhood filled with bigotry, but you CAN do it. I think the very FIRST thing to do, is ASK about it, and you DID. Good for you.

excon

Feb 9, 2009, 07:53 AM

Ummm... thanks and he is Christian he's was just saying what he believed just like those lesbians were showing what they believe and he didn't care who heard... see? This is very confusing
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 08:00 AM
    we dont keep anybody out of church its Gods house anybody and everybody is accepted there...
    i was at a store yesterday with my parents and sis...i noticed them first but a lesbian couple walked in the door holding hands and my dad started making fun of them...he was just like 'they want to be noticed so im noticing'...they didnt hold hands after that but still i dont like to hurt peoples feelings so i didnt join along but i wanted to...i mean i have a gay friend but i dont make fun of her or anything but i still think its wrong
    God loves those who are homosexual, and they should be welcomed in the church. The passage that I quoted is clear that some in the church in Corinth were, before they were saved, homosexuals. We come to Christ as we are.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 08:02 AM
    ummm...thanks and he is Christian he's was just saying what he believed just like those lesbians were showing what they believe and he didnt care who heard...see? this is very confusing
    Hello again, b:

Yes, it IS confusing. Let me see if I can help.

On the one hand you've got your father, who you love very much... Then, on the other hand, you're starting to question things... That's part of growing up, and it IS confusing.

I don't believe the lesbians were making a statement to the world. I believe they were making a statement to each other.

I don't know how old you are, but I promise you, that when you find your beau, and you hold hands with him/her, it WON'T be a message to the world. It'll be a message to your loved one.

I suppose too, that your father thought by holding hands, they were offending him, so he had the right to offend them back. But, they weren't, and he doesn't.

It's like I said, you're going to have a hard time overcoming your fathers influence... But, I'm here to help.

excon

Feb 9, 2009, 08:08 AM

I'm turning 18 in the beginning of sept... and things have been confusing very much for the past few years and I've been through a lot of stuff to prove it... but I do love my father and I know what he believes but I just think he hurt those girls feelings I mean their people too but I don't know?
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 08:20 AM
    i know waht he believes but i just think he hurt those girls feelings i mean their poeple too but i dont know?
    Hello again, b:

Yes, you DO KNOW. Treat people how you'd like to be treated... Oh, my gosh... That's another Christian prayer, isn't it?

excon

Feb 9, 2009, 08:24 AM

That's more like the golden rule...
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 01:27 PM

According to Christian belief homosexual behavior is a sin. There just is NO getting around it.

TJ3,

Incidentally (and this is OFF the subject) do you know what Laodicean means? It is translated the People RIGHTS! I about fell over when I heard that. Thought you'd enjoy that since excon was giving you a lecture on the RIGHTS that Gay's don't get and the drunks do! LOL Well it blew me away anyway.
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    According to Christian belief homosexual behavior is a sin. There just is NO getting around it.

TJ3,

Incidently (and this is OFF the subject) do you know what Laodicean means? It is translated the People RIGHTS! I about fell over when I heard that. thought you'd enjoy that since excon was giving you a lecture on the RIGHTS that Gay's don't get and the drunks do! LOL Well it blew me away anyway.
    Interesting. I always wonder, when people speak about sexual orientation rights, how far they would take it. For instance, what about pedophiles - should they have their rights recognized? There is already a group working on recognition of homosexual pedophile rights - rights to practice their sexual orientation. Also, many people say that the Bible does not speak about the orientation, just the act, but in fact the Bible does speak about the orientation.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    Interesting. I always wonder, when people speak about sexual orientation rights, how far they would take it. For instance, what about pedophiles - should they have their rights recognized?
    Hello again, Tj:

I have no problem discussing my views. I DO have a problem discussing what other people SAID were my views.

In fact Tj, I don't speak about "sexual orientation rights". I don't know what that is.

If you followed my argument, I specifically spoke about gay marriage. I can back up my argument with Constitutional law. I'm right - you're wrong. That law WILL be changed. Of that, I have no doubt.

Pedophile have the right to get married too. I spoke of NOTHING other than the right to get married. Pedophiles DON'T have the right to molest children.

I don't expect you to confine yourself to THAT argument, as I get that you think gay marriage equates to pedophile rights.

THAT isn't worth responding to. It's actually kind of stupid. I can't argue with stupid arguments. Ok, I'll make ONE argument... There ISN'T ONE group calling for gay marriage that also calls for the rights of pedophiles to molest children...

At least MY arguments have a basis in reality.

excon
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Feb 9, 2009, 07:39 PM
    in anybodys eyes do you think its right to be gay?

posted this for the "pet expert" but anybody can answer
    According to the bible, the ACT of homosexuality, like any other sin, is wrong.

We are all sinners, and it is sinners that Jesus Christ loves - that He died and resurrected for us . :)

G&P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Catholic belief [ 46 Answers ]

Hello, Could you please inform me of Catholic beliefs, and how the differ from Christian belief? Thank You! browneyedfaith:)

What are your feelings, belief and thoughts about Christian unity? [ 38 Answers ]

Today's Gospel (Mk 3:7-12): Jesus and His disciples withdrew to the lakeside and a large crowd from Galilee followed Him. A great number of people also came from Judea, Jerusalem, Idumea, Transjordan and from the region of Tyre and Sidon, for they had heard of all that He was doing. Because of the...

Catholic Belief [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site, but I have had something bothering me, and I am trying to find some answers... We had a Chathlic Gentlemen to visit us the other day, and my niece goes with him and he called her his... he said that is what the Catholics believed and his children are Bastards......

Christians belief [ 5 Answers ]

What do christians believe about jesus?

Belief-O-Matic [ 5 Answers ]

I had originally posted this under another thread, but NeedKarma suggested it could be its own thread, so here it is! I found a fun quiz online called Belief-O-Matic. You answer 20 questions and depending on your answers, your results tell you which religious beliefs you are most in agreement with....

View more questions Search