Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    embiaom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 11:33 PM
    Is it legal to pay employee partial cash
    My employer 1099 me and then w2 is it legal plus is it legal legal to pay an employee partial check and partial cash
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 10:04 AM
    Hello em:

Yes, the form of payment makes no difference...

However, you're confusing what a w2 or a 1099 does. The w2 reports wages paid to an employee where taxes have been withheld. A 1099 reports payments made on a contract, and NO taxes have been withheld.

It IS possible for an individual to have worked for the same employer during the past year, BOTH as an employee AND as a contractor.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CA Security Deposit - can I cash partial refund & still sue [ 16 Answers ]

Just received Security Deposit back 25 days after lease ended, several debatable charges, no receipts attached. Check says "Deposit in Full" in memo line. Can we cash it and still have the right to sue for the balance in small claims? Thanks

Legal aid for someone w/ no cash [ 6 Answers ]

Is there a way to file for a divorce w/ no money? I need to get out of this marriage before I end up in jail or homeless or both. He is wanting me to come to an agreement w/ no legal counsel because he doesn't want to pay an attorney, I think it has more to do with hidden assets that I am less...

Cash in lieue of stock for partial share of Kraft Foods spin-off [ 1 Answers ]

Last March when Kraft Foods was spun out to the shareholders of Philip Morris they gave out 0.692924 shares of KFT for each share of MO, and cash in lieu of stock for any fractional shares. My understanding is that I should treat the cash as if I had sold the fractional share, which means treating...

Is there a legal way to distribute cash settlement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently received checks for my boys and was claimed legal guardian so that I would be legal signer on the check. I want to know if there is a legal way for me to decide what to do with the funds besides putting the funds in restricted account.:mad:

Cash as legal tender [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can a merchant in the United States refuse to accept cash as payment? I'm not talking about a bag of pennies, but cash in reasonable denominations. For example, many hotels seem to have a policy declining cash. Is this legal? Also if you sign a lease, it likely contains a provision that...

View more questions Search