Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoagie26 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 09:29 PM
    Vfw in need
    Hello I am 26 former marine that is now the jv commander at a vfw. And for the past 5 years the quarter master has not only stealing every pennie that place has made but stolen from acounts at supply stores stolen food "or giving it to people of his choice. He has also in the past got people to join as regular members that where never in combat or where kicked out of the military. He hired a bartender that helps him steal from the ticket money that spose to go to charities but it goes straight into their pockets we finally hired a bar manager but for some reason he's unwilling to do anything I have no clue what to do
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Feb 8, 2009, 09:40 PM

Hmm... can't say for sure.

Is there some higher level of VFW command? Like someone over an area, or national, or something? If so, try voicing your concerns to him. Make sure you have some sort of proof before you go making reckless claims though.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 09:42 PM
    So you press charges against him with the polcie.

You bring this up to the exect committee and bring it up to vote in the general meeting to remove him for these actions.

You contact the national group for help and investigation if needed.

Not bringing another groups dirt out, but I know a group that recently removed and banned a member for a year for actions unbecomming a officer.

Not sure about the full member, I was under the impression that any level of service in the military allowed you to be a member. Or at least service during specific periods not actual combate zone requirement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search