Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brian007is08 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2009, 09:27 PM
    Girls insight? Hmmmm - What is going on here?
    I met a girl a couple weeks ago. She asked me out for Tapas and we chatted a few times on the phone - but I have not been able to meet up since I am crazy with work
    (on road with sports marketing)

She is attractive and divorced - and now lives with her parents until her condo lease begins in a month and she is back on her own.
    I am tied up until the end of the month. So, we've tried to keep in touch. But, this is where it gets... confusing. I feel like I cannot communicate in a straight line. But still, I don't understand, but I have tried to be clear as possible:

MY TEXT: How's life? I'll call after work to say hi.

NO RESPONSE

MY Call: Hey, it's me, work is done. I wanted to say hey... gimme a ring when get a sec.

NO RESPONSE

3 days later:

-HER TEXT: Hey U. What's up? I have been sick with flu (caught from the kids I teach I presume) I am a lot better now... How are you?

MY TEXT: Sorry you're sick. Bummer. I am fine. I'll call you Sunday to see how you are doing.

HER TEXT: Sounds Great!

I called her today (Sunday). No response. A new week starts tomorrow... Is this a game of keeping me within arm's reach or just bad luck?
    Is it a girl thing to let it slide... It happens in life, but rarely with me, as I'd feel guilty for being rude :-)

She's 32 years old and seems hard working and sane... Maybe we've just crossed wires, but am not sure...
    smokedetector Posts: 368, Reputation: 56

Feb 8, 2009, 09:43 PM

She could be really busy, or she could be stringing you along. Try waiting it out for another couple of weeks. She could have more men than just you, or she could have a different situation at home than she let on, like a husband and kids. Or she could have been sick and now busy at school or wherever. Anyway, like I said, just give it a little more time and you should be able to figure out what the case is. Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 09:50 PM

The teacher is busy. She must have a life she enjoys, without you in it.

Maybe saying hi, and call me, isn't impressing her, so ask for a specific date, and she what she says.

If it ain't happening, it ain't happening!
    Brian007is08 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2009, 09:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smokedetector View Post
    She could be really busy, or she could be stringing you along. Try waiting it out for another couple of weeks. She could have more men than just you, or she could have a different situation at home than she let on, like a husband and kids. Or she could have been sick and now busy at school or wherever. Anyway, like I said, just give it a little more time and you should be able to figure out what the case is. Good luck.
    I'll let you know!

Every good mystery needs an ending.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do girls normally do this? [ 26 Answers ]

My ex finished with me after 1 and a half years, completely left me in shock and hurt. It ended with her saying "its nothing to do with you" "i wouldnt leave u for anyone else" "its just me, ive changed my life has changed" (she has just started university but lives at home, as she has always...

About girls (I am 16-boy) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I was born in May 1993 , that makes me about 15-16.I am a boy and I live in Greece,Athenes,this is where I was born. 3 years ago I went to a school that I almost knew nobody (instead of going to the school I would be with all my friends and probably be the most popular guy and all -but...

Girls only [ 8 Answers ]

I am getting this weird pains in the area (womb) I haven't started get. I need some advi ce. My sister said she had it when she started but I scared and confused. Please help me

Girls Gone Bad [ 10 Answers ]

So your havng a wonderful relationship all of a sudden... boom... the girl comes up to you and says I want to be single,I want to experience things being single,I want to have fun with my friends,all the things that you have done together and gave her all the freedom she wanted when you start to...

Girls how do you think I should do this! [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have a girlfriend yet but my best friend is dating my other best friend and I kind of like her and my other best friend doesn't have a boyfriend and I told her I like her but she said Our friendship is to inportant and I think it would be kind of akward dating you your like a bro to me. I...

View more questions Search