Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaxxfrazier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 05:33 PM
    .out of the blue, trembling and jerking.
    I have a 3 year old Jack Russell. She was outside, just a couple of hours ago, running, barking and playing with my other 2 dogs. Now, she is laying on the floor, her nose is bone dry, she is trembling and jerking. She can barely lift her head up and cannot stand up, without trembling and shaking. She is not foaming at the mouth. Does anyone know what has possibly happened?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 11:16 AM

She sounds like she ate something. If she is not better by today, please take her to a vet. I have a female Jack Russell also and I've noticed that she likes to eat strange things when she is outside as well. I have to watch her very carefully and have taken lots of strange stuff out of her mouth before she swallows it.
    gisele13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxxfrazier View Post
    I have a 3 year old Jack Russell. She was outside, just a couple of hours ago, running, barking and playing with my other 2 dogs. Now, she is laying on the floor, her nose is bone dry, she is trembling and jerking. She can barely lift her head up and cannot stand up, without trembling and shaking. She is not foaming at the mouth. Does anyone know what has possibly happened?
    I Believe that Jaxxfrazier had a seisure. I also have a Jack Russell name T2 12 years old
    From age 2 he has had seisures, the Vet at the time Had given him some pills to take every day, it did not helped his seisure. I stopped giving him the pill, saw an other Vet that told me to live him alone when he has the seisure. T2 is stile having seisure, it does not stop him from having a great life
    Gisele

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hind leg of cat trembling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My cat is semi wild semi domestic- i.e. she comes and goes & is not house bound. I keep cat food & water for her. She delivered 3 breech babies on 10 oct none survived. She was Ok for 3 days after that- then she disappeared for a week and has returned ( I tried searching but to no...

Trembling Dog [ 2 Answers ]

My dog, an 18mth old Jack Russel cross trembles whenever I hold him and even trembles whilst asleep on his back with all four limbs twitching. Is this behaviour harmfull to him? What does it mean? Do I just accept it as the way he is? He Is a very intelligent and lively dog who views life as one...

Why does my dog keep jerking [ 2 Answers ]

My basset hound keeps jerking all the time and falling over. She is also drinking a lot of water? What could be wrong with her?

Car is shuttering and jerking [ 1 Answers ]

Anybody, I have a 1986 Mercury Sable SW, I just got it and at first it seemed to drive OK, except a little jerking like problem shifting gears. About 1hr after driving it started shacking so bad the stering wheel almost pulled out of my hands, I stopped the car and checked and found a hard vacuum...

View more questions Search