Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheechthecheechy Posts: 41, Reputation: -1

Aug 12, 2006, 04:35 AM
    Apathist and Aetheist.
    Just asking, for what does apathy and aetheist mean again?

I remmeber something about one being not sure whether there is a god or deity, and the other being sure that there's no deity and living happily. I want to find out what I'm considered as.

I currently do not believe in anything, and being a bit of a science lover, don't intend to. (no offense meant in any way!! )
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2006, 04:58 AM
    Have you thought of using a dictionary?

Apathy means lack of interest or concern. Apathy has nothing specific to do with religion. An Atheist is someone who doesn't believe in God.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 12, 2006, 05:35 AM
    Here... borrow my dictionary!

And I think you meant agnostic and atheist, didn't you? :p
    cheechthecheechy Posts: 41, Reputation: -1

Aug 12, 2006, 05:43 AM
    ahhh yes agnostic, yes thanks, I wasn't sure whether the words where even correct, so I thought id ask here. Thesaurus and dictionary are too much tools to use in one day, specially a weekend =P ty though!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2006, 06:19 AM
    agnostic
    1. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
    2. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.

atheist
    One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.
    Sneppahtihs Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cheechthecheechy
    Just asking, for what does apathy and aetheist mean again?

I remmeber something about one being not sure whether there is a god or deity, and the other being sure that theres no deity and living happily. i wanna find out what im considered as.

I currently do not believe in anything, and being a bit of a science lover, dont intend to. (no offense meant in any way!!!)
    The Atheist is one who revels in the universe as it is, without belief in superstition, mythology, or fairy tales. To an Atheist, science is a source of inspiration, and a mystery is something to be solved, not to be worshiped.

The Apathist is one who does not know if superstition, mythology, or fairy tales is true or not, but really does not care. The apathist equally views the of the atheist, the agnostic, the believer, and the fanatic as inconsequential because it does not affect his/her life in any way, shape, or form.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search