Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2009, 02:16 PM
    How soon can I dye hair after using semi permanent
    Hi there, I have dyed my hair using a movida semi permanent home dying kit, colour chesnut brown. Im naturally dark brown with a few grey hairs. The colour has come out really even and its lovely and shiny but hasn't covered the grey hairs quite as well as I would have liked. How long would I have to wait before having another semi permanent colour fone profesionally?
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 8, 2009, 02:31 PM

I'd wait at least until you can get to the salon.

Actually, waiting accomplishes nothing. Hair doesn't need time to "get better" or "get healthy". The salon may want to strip the color you used.
    2313stephen Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Feb 8, 2009, 02:42 PM
    There wouldn't be any need to strip the colour! It's a semi and would fade in around 3 to 4 weeks anyway. I usually have the semi permanent colour done professionaly. The result over the greys is better and the colour lasts longer. I just wanted to know what the best length of time to wait before having it done. 2/3wks say. Maybe il just call the hairdresser and ask.
    asphaltangel23 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2009, 08:57 PM

Semi permanent "wont cover" grey hair (Im a hairdresser) the only thing do do is to get something FOR Grey Hair. If you do dye it again with semi your going to end up with the same problem not covering grey and possibly darker on those ends where you deposited the color twice. The best thing to do is get permanent for grey hair close to the chestnut color you have on their now and just do those roots or grey areas:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I remove this semi-permanent hair-dye? [ 26 Answers ]

About 5/6 months ago, I decided to dye my dirty blonde hair with light blonde highlights. The colour result was nice and even though it was slightly patchy I grew to like it. But once the roots started showing I started to hate it. I didn't want to start using another product, because I didn't want...

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Permanent to semi-permanent hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I used semi-permanent hair color for years, then asked my stylist to change over to permanent. Now I'm trying to grow out my hair a bit and don't need to go to the shop as often, plus I'm convinced that the permanent dye is drying out my hair. So I want to go back to semi and I want to do it...

Permanent & Semi Permanent Hair Color [ 3 Answers ]

HELP - I want to remove the Black hair dye (my natural color is dark brown) but I've used BOTH semi and permanent shades of black colors. Besides going to a Salon what's my best alternative? Thank you.:confused: :confused:

View more questions Search