Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katekylemom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2006, 11:55 PM
    New construction venting
    Building a new house in California on a slab . Is there a limit to the number of "units" revented per roof vent ? I am doing 2 bathrooms, a laundry room plus a kitchen sink in one end of the house. This bathroom (tub, lav, w/c ) is back to back with the laundry room (washing machine). I would like to revent these so I only have one vent out the roof, but can I also add the kitchen sink to this or is there a maximum on the number of units I can have ? (The other bathroom is 30 feet away & will be vented separately with a second vent.)
    The rough in was done with 2" to the stub out. I understand that I can use 2 inch until the units are all hooked together, but then I have to increase the pipe size for the vent to 3 inch pipe ?
    Thanks for the help. :)
    Cindy
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 12, 2006, 05:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katekylemom
    building a new house in California on a slab . Is there a limit to the number of "units" revented per roof vent ? I am doing 2 bathrooms, a laundry room plus a kitchen sink in one end of the house. This bathroom (tub, lav, w/c ) is back to back with the laundry room (washing machine). I would like to revent these so I only have one vent out the roof, but can I also add the kitchen sink to this or is there a maximum on the number of units I can have ? (The other bathroom is 30 feet away & will be vented separately with a second vent.)
    The rough in was done with 2" to the stub out. I understand that I can use 2 inch until the units are all hooked together, but then I have to increase the pipe size for the vent to 3 inch pipe ?
    Thanks for the help. :)
    Cindy
    Hi Cindy,

In my area all our houses are on the slab. Chapter 14,section 1403.3 (Main Stack) of the Standard Plumbing Code calls for one 3" main vent stack through the roof. Since disposals add so much more solids to the discharge of the kitchen sink that is where we place the 3" drain and vent. Every other vent may be 2" and you may revent as many 2" vents back to the 3" as you wish. Good luck and if you have more questions I'm as close as a click. Tom

Aug 13, 2006, 09:51 AM
    Thanks

Aug 13, 2006, 09:58 AM
    Tom, Do I understand in your message that if I did not put in a garbage disposal that I could have one 2 inch vent in my house on that end for all plumbing units ? And technically I could have one if there were a pipe running through the attic to the other bathroom at the other end of there house? I have never seen a house plumbed that way, but the fewer the holes through the roof the better . (I would like to stick to 2... one at each end of the house... if I am able to use the 2" pipe..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New dryer venting [ 5 Answers ]

Well my wife didn't shed a tear when our dryer went caput. Meant she could finally get the front loading whirlpool he washer dryer combo shed wanted for a few years. Yesterday they were delivered. Our old dryer was connected by a flexible, expandable connection that runs to the heavy metal...

Venting [ 1 Answers ]

How many fixtures can be tapped into the main vent? I have a 2" main vent.

Venting [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , In the basement , there is a mechanical vent on a bathtub wich tells me its not vented by the main stack. Could the tub be changed to a shower stall. Also wich size drain should the shower stall be?

Venting Thanks [ 7 Answers ]

Spent last 3 hrs reading threads, trying to answer my questions. Thank you for this site! I am working on new construction. I would like to confirm some things I think I learned on this site. Please answer T/F. If False please fix me. 1 every fixture w/trap needs vented. EX tub lav toilet...

Tub Venting? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm rebuilding a 1920's bathroom from the floor joist and studs, the question I have is the 1 1/2" Tub Over Flow ties into the trap which then ties into a 3" stack with a 3x3x1-1/2" Sanitary Tee. Do I need to install a vent in for the tub if the trap is 12" away from the stack? ...

View more questions Search