Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccanderson24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 09:58 AM
    Simple Possession or Marijuana SC
    While standing in a parking lot with 3 of my friends a cop pulled up and immediately asked for ID's without question. He then called for 2 other officers to come. On us we had around 1.5g or pot. This was not mine but it was in my pocket because I was looking at it when he came up. When asked if we had anything illegal we gave it up, and I was charged with the possession and no one else got anything. What penalties am I looking at? Anyway around this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 10:13 AM

1st degree stupidity

Sorry but you just gave it to them, when they asked? Since they had no grounds to search you, honestly you say no, and/or if they do get to search you and find it, you are no worst off.

Or you see them coming and throw it to the side or dump it out. But hand it too them, man I wish I had more like you when I was a cop.

But you are looking at a fine and maybe probation. I doubt it, but the jduge may also require drug counseling
    ccanderson24 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 10:15 AM

I didn't add this in but they found the philly guts on the ground next to the car. Giving them enough suspecion to search.
    thora Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2009, 11:33 AM
    1st degree stupidity that’s a great one.
    As for the guts on the ground, while it is suspicious it’s not probable cause.
    I was busted when I was 15 for Possession of paraphernalia (a weed pipe) in fl. They gave me 3 months probation, a fine and drug classes. Its nothing to worry about, just layoff the weed till u get off probation and you will be fine. Next time eat it, don't give it to them...
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2009, 05:01 AM
    Hello c:

I'd hire a lawyer...

excon

PS> What's philly guts? I been smokin dope for 30 years, and I ain't never heard that.
    thora Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 11:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello c:

I'd hire a lawyer....

excon

PS> What's philly guts? I been smokin dope for 30 years, and I ain't never heard that.
    It's the guts from a philly cigar, use the rap to roll with...

"I didn't drink the koolaid", lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possession of repo [ 1 Answers ]

I am still in possession of a vehicle that was co owned by my ex fiancé and me. Three years ago we he went into bankruptcy and named my car they tried to repo it a few times . I was not at home when they came. They stopped coming . A judgment was put against each of us for nine thousand dollars....

Adverse Possession [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I purchased a condo from a developer who was in the process of rehabing 2 buildings. Both buildings are on the same parcel and share the same APN. We assume from the "DECLARATION",in our CC&R's that the 5 units in our building have been properly subdivided, yet the tax assessor shows us...

Adverse Possession [ 3 Answers ]

My family is using Adverse Possession to obtain a piece of property, after a year we are informed that we have to leave the property by 5/4/08 or be arrested for trespassing. Can we be arrested??

Simple possession [ 2 Answers ]

Yes sir, my vehicle was searched while I was inside of a barberhop without my consent when I walked out they ask me was it my vehicle I said yes so they ask me for id then they ask me was that my marijauna in the car I asked them what marijauna. They asked me to turn around and place my hands...

Business possession [ 2 Answers ]

We have a small business and have been building some products for a customer for 6 years . We have found ourselves unable to continue building the product and have offered to sell the customer the molds, which were given to my husband in lieu of payment by his ex boss before that business went into...

View more questions Search