Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScarabsDemon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2004, 02:00 PM
    No sound
    Ok I recently practically replaced everything in my comp and upgraded it all, replaced the hard drive with a larger one, everything works just fine accept one thing, no sound when I watch something say in either wmp or quicktime, any program I get no sound, video works great, but no sound, I can listen to mp3s and such in winamp but I get no sound when I try to watch a video can anyone help me out here I can't explain it so I could use some help and advice Thanks!
    mateo_salta Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2005, 11:35 AM
    First check if there is a problem with your sound device. Right click on my computer-properties-hardware-device manager- then click the + box for sound,video... if any of them have a mark next to them like a ! In a yellow triangle, you probably need to either reninstall drivers, make sure the device is connected securely, or you need a new sound card.

If not right click on the volume icon on your taskbar(lower right hand corner) then click on adjust audio properties then click on the audio tab. On sound play back make sure your sound card is selected. Then on the volume tab, make sure the mute box is not checked and the device volume is not pulled way down. Under speaker seatings click on speaker volume and make sure the speaker volume is not pulled way down. Next make sure everything is not muted under volume control. And lastly make sure the speakers are connected. If this does not work, it might be a problem peticular to either the type of sound card you have or the operating system you are running.

Hope this works for you
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2005, 05:01 AM
    No sound
    Hi,
    First, what type of speakers do you have? Like 2, 4, or 4 with a sub-woofer?
    Have you checked your speaker setup in windows? Is it set to the correct number of speakers you have?

Thank you,

fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No sound on TV [ 7 Answers ]

We moved the TV. It was unplugged for a day or two and then put back in the same location. It was never dropped or anything. Now the sound does not work. The picture is still perfect but no sound. There is a sound coming out of the TV though. It is almost like a faint grinding kind of sound. Not a...

No sound [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Got a Toshiba TV with scarts from DVD and cable. Picture OK but no sound. If I record on DVD then it plays back with sound. Everything OK when ordinary aerial used. VHS is OK with wire connection Any advice much appreciated. Cheers, Fred

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

No sound [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hp Pavilion 542x model which recently crashed. I did not have the recovery discs so I had to boot off an XP pro disc I had. Everything is working fine now except for the fact that I have no sound and I don't know where to get the drivers from. I know the sound card is integrated into the...

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

View more questions Search