Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2485 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 11:47 PM
    Calculation of load on a beam?
    Please tell me how can we calculate load on a RCC beam when we have been given the beam dimensions and the area of steel used, th edimnsion of beam is (6*9*72) inches and we have to use no. 3 bars at the bottom and no. 2 bars as hanger bars?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 12:08 AM

245 I'm not an engineer but I ran into a site that is a bit different but may be able to help you if it doesn't work here.

Not to mention the fact he is out of the U.S. and cuts the liability down hear.

Maybe there are some engineers here but until then try this and let me know how it works out.

I'm in the trades and if the site is good I may need to ask myself some questions and get some good free advice. The person on this site seems to have some pretty good credentials

So check it out and get back.

Civil Engineering: RCC beam slab, thick slab, beam sizes

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a load bearing wall with an engineered beam. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a load bearing wall between two living areas that I would like to remove to create one large space. I would like to do it without the beam exposed in the area. My question is can the ceiling joists be cut and reattached to the beam using joist hangers? I understand that there would have to...

Load Calculation [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 100 amp switchbox.The left side has 6 slots ( 1 double switch 20amp, 1 double bar 30amp and 2 single 20amp. The right side has 3 double switch midgets at 20amps and 2 single 20amps. My question is how much can my box take and how do I calculate the usage?

Load calculation [ 2 Answers ]

Respected sir I amprakash ihave doubt regarding load calculation. I have a 5 amp socket (ups power ) .can I connect 5 computors to that socket through extension box.please explain me any body knows

Sizing a beam to replace load bearing wall. [ 3 Answers ]

I am planning on removing 15' of a 2x6 load bearing wall in my basement and want to confirm the sizing of the steel beam. I had an engineer have a look, but the only engineer available is a semi-retired fellow who sized the beam in exchange for having a couple of beers with him in the process. ...

Load calculation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Please advise me what are the factors considered for calculating the Tonnage Rate whilst selecting the AC units for Industry / office environment. Regards Pankaj

View more questions Search