Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rpitts18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 08:50 PM
    Why best friend pays less attention to me?
    Ok, so I have this guy who has become one of my best friends this past year. We keep each other accountable and such and also hang out a whole lot. Well, since last month, he has been spending time with another guy (which I don't mind). But every time, he spends most of his time with this guy now and doesn't even barely hang out with me anymore it seems until he can't hang out with the other guy. He also has stopped inviting me to go places and stuff. I feel like he's replacing me, although he assures me that he's not. What am I supposed to think? I am really close to him (he's like a brother to me). I don't understand why he would do that. I've told exactly how I feel and poured my heart out to him. I don't understand why he acts like it's okay to keep on doing this and then act like we're cool when he does want to hang out. Can someone please give me some advice? If you need more information, just ask.
    sunshineangel Posts: 43, Reputation: 7

Feb 8, 2009, 07:04 PM

It's probably not something you want to hear at this point but this is pretty normal people behavior, especially among young people. It's part of life that kind of stinks. People tend to move away from us slowly over time. I would say work on finding some other friends besides this guy. From my experience people drift away and it's painful but it's something that can be amended with other people. This guy is not the only one in the world. There will be other guys and if he's not willing to see what a great person you are than he's not worth being your friend. If you're not ready to completely break away from him ride this out a bit see if he gets better. Try inviting him to do something maybe even his new friend can go. Try to compromise with what each of you want.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 08:07 PM

You sure you don't have any other feelings for him?

Just asking I could be way off the mark here, but honestly?
    emmasmithxo Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2009, 08:12 PM

As a 17 year old i know exactly what its like. But to be honest its normal and a part of teenage life. Im sure that you and this guy are close but i dont think he is trying to replace you. When youre younger you just want to do loads of different things with different people. Because hes hanging out with someone else it doesnt mean hes forgotten you. And if he isnt inviting you places its probably because hes trying to get to know other people,not because he doesnt want you anymore. If it persists and gets to you then my advice would be to be straight with him and tell him you disagree with whats happening. At the end of the day, if hes a true friend he will understand.
    Good luck
    x x x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unwanted Attention from a Family Friend [ 1 Answers ]

I am a minor living with my parents and we have a close family friend who we will call Jim, he is around 47, similar in age to my parents and originally my Mother's friend. We (Jim and I) are fairly close and go out to lunch occasionally in the summer. Recently Jim gave me two necklaces, they are...

Who pays? [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the same apartment for 6 years in PA. I wish to have my carpets profesionaly cleaned. They have not been cleaned since I moved in or before hand. Who should pay the bill, me or the landlord?

Who pays for dna [ 1 Answers ]

If the father requests dna or court orders it, are both parties responsible to pay for the testing.

Who pays [ 11 Answers ]

My daughter and soon to be son in law are planning their wedding in Oct... so far they only want the parents to help as little as possible... Fine... but I was recently asked... being that they are paying for a great deal of their own wedding... what is the ettiquette on out of town guest and who...

View more questions Search