Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianesobusy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2006, 11:26 AM
    Moved to a house & now scared HELP
    We bought a 7yr. Old house about a 2mths. Ago.
    The 1st few nights we stayed here there was no air, so we stayed in the downstairs bedroom that was to be my 14yr sons room.(its half under ground). He was in FL.
    I had horrible nightmares, I put a cross & a picture of Jesus,1 of my Bibles in there. We got air so we moved upstairs & I forgot about it. My son came home slept in room but would sometimes sneak out & come upstairs, not normal, but we figured it's a strangeplace. My grandson came to stay with us, he slept in the room with my son, had a horrible nightmare, said it felt like it was real & something was trying to get my son & him. He came out screaming. That night we talked about the dream & my son said don't worry I have bad dreams all the time, but nothing has happened. We moved the boys to the upstairs bed room 2 days ago,told them that would make a better guest room, no more bad dreams. A contractor working on this house told me to try putting my dog in the room. I did she loves it inside, but will not stay in that room, not even when I put her on the bed. She runs to the front door & wants outside. I read my bible everyday, thank GOD it is only that one room. But what can I do to make that room OK? Do bad dreams mean a room is haunted? HELP in TN! :confused:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 11, 2006, 11:52 AM
    Have you had the house blessed? If nothing else, that would set your mind at ease.

Aug 11, 2006, 12:21 PM
    No, we were thinking of talking to a pastor, it's a little embarrassing, we do not want our new neighbors to think we are nuts!
    Any idea on what church would do that?
    Thanks so much for the reply:)
    Expert

Aug 11, 2006, 12:26 PM
    Well, I was raised Catholic, but where I am in TN there are no Catholic churches, so we just went to the local church that we do attend and explained to the minister that we just moved into a new house and would like a blessing. No explanation needed. He just came by and blessed the house.

I have done that for every new house I have moved into. More out of tradition, but it still gets the job done.

Aug 11, 2006, 01:12 PM
    I don't know mom, that's crazy :eek: are you sure its just not a coincidence,I'm not saying that its not real at all, but I'm just not good with stuff like that

Write me back

Don't worry, I would never tell the kids

Love you,

Melissa
    Expert

Aug 11, 2006, 02:07 PM
    What??

Who is Mom?

Aug 11, 2006, 02:53 PM
    Sorry, I had my daughter read the post I made.She answered back. I am going to have this house blessed though there are no Catholic churches in this area either, Thanks for the idea.
    Expert

Aug 11, 2006, 03:39 PM
    Hey you can go to any church that you are affiliated with. The house I live in now was blessed by a Methodist minister.

The religion does not matter.
    avaadore70 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2006, 09:02 AM
    I've just made a post about my new apartment possibly being haunted... if you do get your house blessed, can you let me know how it goes - maybe I'll try the same thing!

Aug 12, 2006, 07:45 PM
    Sure will we are going to church a church tomorrow. We will get it blessed as soon as possible. I did talk to someone who went through allot worse with a house. They had there's blessed & everything was fine after that.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2006, 09:24 PM
    Is there any history on the house. Any information about previous owners or experiances from that house. I would be curious to see if there is anything to it. Your right it is a good thing that it is only in one room. Yes, getting the house blessed is an excellent idea. Leave the bible and Cross in that room but to be safe, keep that room empty. Maybe negative things happened in that house and your family is picking up on the impressions of that experience. Anyway, May God protect your family always.

Joe
    avaadore70 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2006, 10:00 AM
    Good luck with that! You'll have to let us all know how it goes!
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Aug 13, 2006, 07:07 PM
    Have you ever considered asking the neighbours about the history of the house. They may be able to shed some light (no pun intended) on the house without you having to divuldge any information. You never no. You can also go to the local registery office and find out what was on the property before the house was built. I would agree to have the house blessed. Animals are the best indicators when it comes to something being different or unusual. Good luck.
    ritac Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2006, 05:00 PM
    When I moved into my house I had tvs turn off. Showers turn off. SOmetimes it felt like someone was touching me in the middle of the night. And at times when I was in the kitchen I would feel someone standing over me looking. We blessed the house but after a while it started again not the showers or Tvs but doors closing and someone near me.I also had many bad dreams. My mom told me to put a glass of water under my bed that this would calm the spirit down and it did. Maybe this will work for you (My ghost had a heart attack and died in my house.) I eventually told him him that I know he lived there and he was welcomed however he need to stop what he was doing. ANd that I would take care of his house the way he would have.
    I'm not saying this is your issue but. My sister had a house built 4 years ago and it turns out she has a spirit of an indian in hers.

Aug 16, 2006, 05:37 PM
    Hi my house is being blessed tomorrow, Thursday night. A pastor, some elders will bless it & also anointed it with oil. I trust the lord will make it a safe house for us after this done.
    The history of this house is a man did live here who had Alzheimers, I do not believe he died here but was moved to a nursing home. His wife then sold the house to a young man who has not lived in this house for the last 2 years. I do not know if it is true but neighbors think it might have been a drop off point for drugs.
    The next door neighbors also had trouble with their house. They heard a voice of a man very often,they had their house built so no previous owners. They to had their house blessed & anointed with oil & since then have had no more problems. I will keep you all posted on the outcome, & bring the dog in right after they leave to see her reaction.
    Thanks for all the help, I do not feel crazy anymore especially after confiding not only here, but with the church.
    fed up Posts: 91, Reputation: 6

Aug 16, 2006, 06:50 PM
    You're not crazy, just on edge. Who wouldn't be. Try to find out what the land was originally used for before any homes were built. You might find your answer there. Good luck.
    JuLee Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2006, 02:08 PM
    There's got to be something that happened in that room that was unpleasant. If blessing doesn't work or if it tries to hurt you, you best consider moving...

I say that because my sister moved in a house like that and every time she enters her home, she'd get this depressed feeling like something keeps bothering her but she wouldn't know what it is. It would make her depressed all the time and cause fights with her boyfriend. Well, they broke up after a while and she moved out. After that, we learned that a girl had committed suicide in that house because of relationship problems. There was thought that the girl spirit was trying to live through my sister... creepy.

Aug 18, 2006, 05:00 PM
    Hi everyone, Thanks so much for all your replies!
    Well the pastor & his wife & some members from the Methodist church came last night. We talked 1st he says he does not believe in any lost souls. He says you either go to heaven or hell when you die. BUT he it does have allot in the Bible about the Angels that were cast out of heaven here to earth. AKA the devil & demons. It says in the bible to anoint each doorway at the upper door post, and two side posts at of the entrance into the home with oil. & pray. We did this & also prayed in that room. The oddest thing that happened was as soon as he started to anoint the very 1st doorway (this was done outside) my dog looked up at the door & started barking. NOT NORMAL behavior for her at all! After they left I brought her, (the dog) into the room & she was just fine. SO I truly believe that the power of good in the house, was much stronger then the power of evil. We also gave our house to God. This is a quote from the booklet he was nice enough to make up for us.
    Pastor: Why should a home not be dedicated? We dedicate many items & structures in life. A home has a definite purpose in the world and in the lives of people of the world. It is a blessing to see a family that wants their home dedicated.
    We this day lord dedicate this home and family to you Lord for your blessing, your care and keep of this lovelyhome and family. We dedicate this home To honor the reverence of Almighty God, who, through his infinite wisdom and love brought these people together to be a family.
    He said this & more as he was anointing the outside door ways.
    If any of you want me to write down the rest for you let me know, I feel peace her now so know everything is fine.
    Thanks again, Diane in TN
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2006, 09:15 PM
    Happy that you have peace in the home. I knew you everything would be fine. Gods protection is always there.

Joe
    cherri1966 Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Nov 20, 2006, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dianesobusy
    We bought a 7yr. old house about a 2mths. ago.
    The 1st few nights we stayed here there was no air, so we stayed in the downstairs bedroom that was to be my 14yr sons room.(its half under ground). He was in FL.
    I had horrible nightmares, I put a cross & a picture of Jesus,1 of my Bibles in there. We got air so we moved upstairs & i forgot about it. my son came home slept in room but would sometimes sneak out & come upstairs, not normal, but we figured its a strangeplace. My grandson came to stay with us, he slept in the room with my son, had a horrible nightmare, said it felt like it was real & something was trying to get my son & him. He came out screaming. That night we talked about the dream & my son said don't worry I have bad dreams all the time, but nothing has happened. We moved the boys to the upstairs bed room 2 days ago,told them that would make a better guest room, no more bad dreams. a contractor working on this house told me to try putting my dog in the room. I did she loves it inside, but will not stay in that room, not even when I put her on the bed. She runs to the front door & wants outside. I read my bible everyday, thank GOD it is only that one room. But what can I do to make that room ok? Do bad dreams mean a room is haunted? HELP in TN!!:confused:
    Contact the clarksville tn ghost hunters if you're not too far, contact them regardless, services are free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So scared [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody Can someone out there lend me a hand? Im going through huge upheaval at the moment. I feel like Im losing everything that matters to me. What is going on? Will I find the right man for me? Will I ever have kids? Im so tired and hate waking up in the morning, only to feel...

Scared [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Okay, well I'm 17 and I've never missed a period or varied on the days or anything like that. My family has a history of still having their period all throughout pregnancy, my mom, sister, aunt, grandmother, and 2 cousins all had bleeding for the first few months of pregnancy. I think I...

Little Scared [ 3 Answers ]

Well I just recently found out I was pregnant, but when I went to the doctor for lower abdominal pain. He told me that I am pregnant, but my HCG level is low. :( I had three ultrasounds and they didn't show anything and I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I'm really worried that I may have a ectopic pregnancy...

Scared him away [ 4 Answers ]

I met scott 3 1/2months ago. It was my first time being out since I had my baby who is now 6months old. So I met scott in a club I was pretty drunk he walked me home and we had a kiss I gave him my number. The next day he text me but I couldn't really remember what he looked like and I wasn't up...

Scared [ 1 Answers ]

On June 4th I had sex, I woke up today with some spotting, now my period is due June 13th but is usually late by a week or more. I did a hpt, and it was negaitive but that still does not mean anything. I have felt sick a little but sometimes I get that right before my period.I don't know what to...

View more questions Search