Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    douglaselove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 10:00 AM
    Amana washer fills,but nothing else
    Amana washer fills but does nothing else,no noise from selector timer
    tmandato Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 10:15 AM
    Can you manually move the selector forward (in tiny increments) and get the washer to perform its next cycle? On the surface I would guess you need to replace the selector, as it sounds like your talking about an older model that has manual knob that turns, not an electronic selector. Not a big task, there are screws on the inside surface of the door or maybe along the side. If I remember right from doing this in the past, if you take out the screws along the top, the front control cover comes off and you can get to the selector to replace it. Of course you'll shut the power off first, as most of what's in there is line current (120).

I'm also assuming that the water shuts off when it is supposed too, it doesn't overfill? There is a float switch in the bottom that controls that. If it's broken, then the machine is never knows when it's filled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My kenmore washer fills but won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Washing machine model # 110.2463200 , when you try to wash a load it fills up with water but then it stops. It won't finish the cycle. What do I do to fix this. Is it the lid switch? If so how do I fix that?

Kenmore Elite Washer - fills water and then pauses . It does nothing [ 2 Answers ]

It first showed CE error message. After some research on the internet I made sure the connections are correct and now it started and fills water after that it just stops and does nothing... it just waits.. I cancelled the cycle and restart a new cycle it fills water again and waits after it fills...

Kenmore Washer fills but does not cycle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old Kenmore Heavy Duty 2 Cycles 2 Spead Motor with 3 Speed Combinations washer. The washer has filled to the proper height but will not cycle to wash. Is there a reset or could it be the timer?

GE Washer Fills and Spins but does not Agitate [ 1 Answers ]

I have little experience with appliances, but before getting a new washer, I was wondering what might cause a GE washer to be able to spin and fill, but not agitate. Could it be something that I could fix on my own? I hear and see it trying to agitate, but it kind of makes a whirring noise and...

View more questions Search