Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve11523 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Moen single shower faucet
    How do I pull the cartridge from a single moen shower faucet?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 10:37 AM

Turn water off, remove handle, remove center tubular cover. You will see stem. On top of the stem is a skinny, brass, U-shaped pin. Remove that pin in upward motion. Grab center of stem - where handle attaches - with medium size channel lock and pull towards you. Sometimes it slides out w/o any resistance, other times you have to apply lots of pressure. However, if it gives you trouble, you can go to Home Depot and purchase dedicated tool that is designed for Moen cartridge removal.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 03:56 PM

Hello Steve,

Follow Melo's instructions and also for more info open the link and locate your faucet and it will walk you through step by step, Thanks.

John

Installation Help / Animated Tutorial - Installing the Moen 1225 / 1200 Cartridge
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 11:42 AM

[i am going to borrow some of milo's post]
    Turn water off, remove handle, remove center tubular cover. You will see stem [cartridge]. On top of the stem is a skinny, brass or copper U-shaped pin. Remove that pin in upward motion. Using white plastic piece that comes with new cartridge, rotate outer part of cartridge from 1 oclock to 11 oclock a few times to loosen cartridge. Do not rotate further, the rubber could get caught. Grab center of stem - where handle attaches - with medium size channel lock and pull towards you. Sometimes it slides out w/o any resistance, other times you have to apply lots of pressure. However, if it gives you trouble, you can go to Home Depot and purchase dedicated tool that is designed for Moen cartridge removal.
    papa4x Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2009, 08:08 AM
    I recently had this exact problem. How I removed it with out any special tools was, I put back in the screw with washer that holds on the plastic handle. I then held up a piece of wood against the shower wall and with a claw hammer pulled out the screw, like I was pulling out a nail. I pried from the bottom, as prying upward seemed to bend the whole thing past my comfort level. The faucet was pit in nearly 30 years ago and I have VERY hard water. So if it worked for my system, it should work for any one.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 25, 2009, 08:23 AM

You can also purchase dedicated tool specifically designed for removal of Moen brand cartridges...
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 10:40 AM

Dear all, please ref to my post #3 open the link and locate your faucet will walk you through how to replace the cartridge, see the picture below for the tool the Milo is saying, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

How to stop leak in Moen single lever shower faucet by changing cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

How do you pull the cartridge out to change it?

Installing cartridge in single handle moen faucet for shower [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a trick to this - I cannot get the cartridge all the way in

Moen Single Faucet Shower [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved in to my place, and the shower knob is pointing straight up. If I turn it to the right I have ridiculously cold water. If I turn it to the left I have ridiculously hot water, unless I go as far left as possible, at which point it is bearable to shower and not scolding. Any ideas on...

Moen Single knob tub faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Even when the knob is pushed all the way in, I have a slow drip coming from the lower spout (not the shower head). The normal knob operation is as follows: Pull for on, push to shut off, turn left for hot, turn right for cold. I removed the knob, then the circular brass plate, but I can't...

View more questions Search