Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr G Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Air surge but toilet flushes fine
    Good Morning.

I live in a ranch home with a walkout basement. On the main floor, there are two toilets, two sinks and one bathtub. In the walkout basement, there is one tub, one sink and one toilet. We have a septic system.

I have a problem with the toilet in our master bathroom on t he main floor. As I flush the toilet, the toilet flushes fine but there is a rush of air that exits the water. No other problems in the home. From your other answers, I would assume that this is a vent problem... BUT how do I go about fixing it? I need some help.

Thanks.

Mr G
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 7, 2009, 07:22 AM
    I have a problem with the toilet in our master bathroom on t he main floor. As I flush the toilet, the toilet flushes fine but there is a rush of air that exits the water. No other problems in the home. From your other answers, I would assume that this is a vent problem... BUT how do I go about fixing it?
    Are you saying that a "bubble" of air comes back every time you flush? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When Neighbor flushes his toilet, mine flushes too [ 5 Answers ]

I live in a two level condo. When my neighbor who lives behind me flushes his or her toilet, my toilet on the first level flushes as well. It's not a full flush, but when I take the lid off the tank, the refill valve is open and water seems to flow from the tank into the toilet. I'm not sure why...

Toilet Flushes then doesn't [ 2 Answers ]

My toilet starting flushing slow then not at all then after I plunge it sometimes it flushes and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't flush after the plunge I plunge it harder and it flushes as long as there is nothing in the bowl. If I put 2 sheets of tp in the bowl and then flush it acts like...

Toilet randomly flushes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old toilet and just within the last month the tank has been emptying and filling backup all on it's own - if I'm home for 4 hours straight, I'll hear it 4-5 times. I did replace the wax ring awhile back. Is it water pressure or a leak? Thanks in advance!

Toilet continuosly flushes [ 4 Answers ]

When not being used, the toilet continuously flushes over time. It's like the toilet drains the water low over time to make it flush. I have changed out the flapper and still have the same problem. I did notice the tank is not level, could that have something to do with it?

Smell when toilet flushes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two story home about 3 years old. The problem started about a year ago with the upstairs toilets. Then included the downstairs toilet. It is a septic smell . The toilets all gurgle and burp when flushed which of course lets the smell burp in. I've snaked all the vents today and find no...

View more questions Search