Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mathiang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 07:01 AM
    Why my three year old son does not talk?
    My three years old son is not able to talk.Good evening,

My son is three years old and he doesn't talk, he like to play and he can call people he knows by their names and when you call him he can respond very well. My main concern is that he can not talk properly and when you ask him about his name he can not say his name. I tried to teach him but I failed. The worse part of it, he can show the interest to talk to you but when he talk he can just say anything such as roaring unclear words.
    Why he can not talk while he is three years old and he never been sick or he have no major sickness since he was born?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 7, 2009, 07:06 AM
    Any older siblings?
    sarah_20pgn Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2009, 01:06 PM
    I also have a son whom is 3 and cannot speak.well,he can say some things but is also unable to say his name and speak clearly.it takes take to help them but I'm sure his speech will improve.constantly talk to him.as you dress him say the color of his clothing he is about to wear.name zippers and buttons.name objects as the two of you see them.if his speech does not improve maybe you should have him evaluated.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2009, 03:38 PM

Your son may need to see a speech therapist to learn to speak properly. It is well worth the money as the longer you put this off thinking he'll just "grow out of it", the more problems he will have in his overall development and starting school without the proper language skills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 year old doesn't talk [ 7 Answers ]

My son will be three in March. He started saying a few words at 15 months and then stopped. He had several ear infections during the time he stopped talking and had tubes put in his ears at 21 months old. He does hear and seems to understand everything that is said to him, but he doesn't say but...

My 3 year old Son Doesn't Talk [ 8 Answers ]

My son just turned three in January. He is a sweet, lovable, funny, active little boy. All of his developmental milestones have been right on, with the exception of his speech. As I said, he just turned three, and he only has 2 words that are actually "words". His mouth goes non-stop, but it's...

My 3 year old Son Doesn't Talk [ 23 Answers ]

My son just turned three in January. He is a sweet, lovable, funny, active little boy. All of his developmental milestones have been right on, with the exception of his speech. As I said, he just turned three, and he only has 2 words that are actually "words". His mouth goes non-stop, but it's...

My 3 1/2 year old won't talk [ 14 Answers ]

My 3 1/2 year old won't talk. The only word he says clearly is MOMMA. When do children start talking? Could there be any problems going on that I don't know about that I need to? What do I need to do to help him?

My 3 year old does not talk [ 3 Answers ]

I have her in sppech therapy Nobody wants to disgnose with autism . What should I do

View more questions Search