Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 11:55 PM
    What is your destiny?
    In today's gospel we see how very popular Jesus was.
    Today's Gospel (Mk 6:30-34): The apostles returned and reported to Jesus all they had done and taught. Then he said to them, «Go off by yourselves to a remote place and have some rest». For there were so many people coming and going that the apostles had no time even to eat. And they went away in the boat to a secluded area by themselves. But people saw them leaving and many could guess where they were going. So, from all the towns they hurried there on foot, arriving ahead of them. As Jesus went ashore he saw a large crowd, and he had compassion on them for they were like sheep without a shepherd. And he began a long teaching session with them.
    <+><+><+>
    In spite od the fact that Jesus was very popular in most places he went he was arrested, put on trial and killed.
    One would thin that the masses who followed him would raise up and prevent that but Jesus was here to meet His CHOSEN destiny on this planet.
    :confused:So what is your chosen destiny here?:confused:
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 04:49 AM

1) To be a good citizen.
    2) To be a good family man.
    3) To help others.
    4) To be a good Catholic and love GOD.
    5) Final destination :- HEAVEN.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Feb 7, 2009, 12:00 PM

To love the LORD my God with all my heart, mind and soul, and to love others. To obey Him at whatever cost. To lay down my life. To serve.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Thank you both very much.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    black111madonna Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Feb 9, 2009, 07:28 AM

My chosen destiny is to return to the source where I originated from with full selfconsciousness.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLCAM View Post
    1) To be a good citizen.
    2) To be a good family man.
    3) To help others.
    4) To be a good Catholic and love GOD.
    5) Final destination :- HEAVEN.

None of those will get you before the throne of God.
    Works without substance is hollow in the eyes of God!
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by black111madonna View Post
    My chosen destiny is to return to the source where I originated from with full selfconsciousness.

And what might that be?
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 07:37 PM
    450donn,
    In your response to ROLCAM you said that none of those will get you to the throne of God.
    I very much disagree.
    ROLCAM said that part of is destiny was to be a GOOD Catholic and love God.
    Like me then he has great faith in God and wants to do what God asks of us.
    The bible says that that should get us to throne of God and I believe what the bibke says.
    NOW what is your destiny if great faith and doing what God asks is not a part of it like with ROLCAM and I?
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    black111madonna Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Feb 10, 2009, 07:32 AM

To 450donn:

The source of creation that would be God of course!
    I actually believe that's its our evolutionary destiny to return to that source from which we all originate, and that we will remember it all!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2009, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn View Post
    None of those will get you before the throne of God.
    Works without substance is hollow in the eyes of God!
    Then I would rather have more people like Rolcam around and less of whatever the other option is.
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 08:34 AM

Ok,
    Where in the scriptures does it specifically say that Catholicism is the ONLY religion?
    Where does it say or teach that following one religion ( which are all man made) will get you to heaven?
    It does teach that there is only ONE way to heaven None of which have a darn thing to do with works, like rolcam is putting forth.
    If you all believe that works alone will get you before the throne of God, then there is nothing I can say to you.
    Yes, blackmadonna it is your destiny to return to the creator, but you will be judged on that day and if your name is not written in the book of life, no matter how many works or good deeds you performed here on earth none of them will save you from eternal torment in the lake of fire.
    Even Satan loved God. His downfall was his arrogance in believing that he was a god.
    NK, what can I say? If you believe that works will get you to heaven then go for it.
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Feb 10, 2009, 09:32 AM

I’m not too sure we can choose our own destiny. I’m mostly inclined to think our destiny does not depend upon our will and our desire to do this or that. For instance, nobody can foresee the possibility of an accident.
    I’m now thinking of those 180 (so far) people that have lost their lives in the fires or arsons razing Victoria and New South Wales in Australia.
    There are, however, a number of targets we can try to achieve along our life and in this connection I quite agree with the listing given by our friend Rolcam, although in a different order.
    I believe our number one priority by far should be our Salvation. I, for one, tend to forget it unfortunately much too often.
    Then again, to try to attain that goal (which we can never be sure of) we have to truly and sincerely love GOD, which again is something where many of us sadly fail.
    Loving GOD necessarily implies abiding by GOD’s Commandments. Having taken care of the first three as per my previous comments I would say that the most important thing for me has, is and will always be, being a good family man and take good care of my wife, sons and grandchildren for as long as I possibly can.
    Helping others to the best of my possibilities would follow.
    As for being a good citizen, I would simply add PROVIDED it does not interfere with being a good Christian. And yet, there are countless times when, in order to avoid having troubles, we tend to abide by laws and norms
    Our Governments deem it convenient to set out, although they enter serious conflict with Christian principles. A good instance of what I’m saying is the Judge of a small Spanish town who is facing an important fine and tremendous amount of criticism on the part of the authorities because he has refused to marry a couple of homosexuals or the many doctors who flatly reject practicing any type of abortion…
    We all should strive to remain unyielding in our convictions come what may. Very difficult, though!
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 02:37 PM
    NeedKarma,
    Point well made.
    Fred
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Feb 11, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    NeedKarma,
    Point well made.
    Fred
    Thanks
    God Bless
    Gromitt82
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gromitt82 View Post
    Thanks
    God Bless
    Gromitt82
    You're welcome.
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 08:23 AM

Cozyk Wrote" disagrees: I feel bad for you"
    So why do you feel bad for me? I have been taught that works alone will not get you into heaven. What is your teaching that tells you this is wrong?
    EPH 2:8-9 says, " For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 10:07 AM
    cozyk Wrote" disagrees: I feel bad for you"
    So why do you feel bad for me? I have been taught that works alone will not get you into heaven. What is your teaching that tells you this is wrong?
    EPH 2:8-9 says, " For by grace you have been saved through faith and that not of yourselves it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
    I would like to answer that question.. First let me say, I believe all that is written.. The Word is flesh, and the Word was with God from the beginning. And the Word is God! ( John 1:14 John 1:1 )

The Word tells us that faith without works is dead.. (James 2:18 James 2:20 James 2:26) This makes it pretty clear that works are very important in the individual's walk with Christ. (Matthew 16:24 Mark 8:34 John 10:27)

We can also read that those dead in Christ (Roman6:3), or buried in Christ are those baptized ( Romans 6:4)...

Baptism is an act of righteous obedience.. We are told as individual's to be baptized which would be our work to do "God's Will", as His servants . I trust, that is why it is written, unless we are baptized, we will not see the Kingdom of Heaven.
    A choice to believe what is written (Mark 16:16).. Unless we are dead in Christ,we can not rise like Christ. (Romans 6:5)

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead (baptized) which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Righteous acts are our works as servants of God..

Proclaiming love for Christ without shame. (Matthew 10:32) It is written to shows diligence in full assurance of hope by trusting in God until the end. Stedfast (1 Cr 15:58 Hebrews 3:14)

Hebrews10:35-36 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

It is written that reward in works are the white linens for Christ wedding.
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 08:34 PM
    Where in the scriptures does it specifically say that Catholicism is the ONLY religion?
    No one here claimed that it is. I think it's safe to assume that all posters have at least heard of Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism, just to name a few.

Where does it say or teach that following one religion ( which are all man made) will get you to heaven?
    You don't think being a Christian will get you to heaven?

It does teach that there is only ONE way to heaven None of which have a darn thing to do with works, like rolcam is putting forth.
    Ever read James?
    Have you ever accepted Jesus Christ as your savior? If you did, that was a "work". So is prayer. Worship too. I'm pretty sure Scripture tells us to worship God.

If you all believe that works alone will get you before the throne of God, then there is nothing I can say to you.
    Actually, no one here has said that works alone get anyone to heaven. In fact I don't know anybody who thinks that. In the ancient world there were some followers of Pelagius who seemed to have believed it, though. You know who condemned that view as heresy? The Catholic Church did.

yes, blackmadonna it is your destiny to return to the creator, but you will be judged on that day and if your name is not written in the book of life, no matter how many works or good deeds you performed here on earth none of them will save you from eternal torment in the lake of fire.
    Do you believe that hell is an actual lake of fire?
    Also, it just seems like a bad idea to prognosticate about the salvation or damnation of others. That's best left to God.

If you believe that works will get you to heaven then go for it.
    Well, they're sure not going to hurt.

By the way: All questions posed above have been of the rhetorical variety. I suspect I know what the answers would be, and I'd hate to have my suspicions confirmed.
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 09:40 PM
    Akoue,
    You forgot to mention that faith is also a very important work.
    I could not resist mentioning that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Akoue,
    You forgot to mention that faith is also a very important work.
    I could not resist mentioning that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fred I will mention again... The Word tells us that faith without works is dead.. (James 2:18 James 2:20 James 2:26) This makes it pretty clear that works are very important in the individual's walk with Christ. (Matthew 16:24 Mark 8:34 John 10:27)

I will also add that following Christ is the faith of love in Him... Peter proclaimed love for Christ 3 times saying, "Yes Lord I love you!" It is that love for Christ that is the Truth, and walking in Christ.....
    (2 John 1:3 Eph 4:15)

And choice in free will to give up man's ways or not following men, knowing that Christ said My sheep hear Me, and follow Me. (John 10:27).

Christ is a reality! Father, Son and Holy Spirit with us...

And Jesus was not a religion of men with their tradions in leaven like the Pharisees that corrupted the Word which is the Flesh of Christ. The Pharisees knew what was written, and still refused to believe. (Matthew 12:34)

Matthew 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Jesus was The Word of God (John1:1) And it is written that whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother. (Matthew 12:50)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie: "Stone of Destiny" written by Ian Hamilton [ 3 Answers ]

Will this movie play in the USA? If so, when? It is directed by Charles Martin Smith

Manifest destiny [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Hi, Im in middle school and I need help. I just need to know what events led to the completion of the manifest destiny. PLease help. :D :D :D :D

Manifest destiny [ 17 Answers ]

American fundamentalisms… conversion or death; however the first seeds of descent, during the first generation of Colonist, was spread by Roger Williams and his concept of a “wall of separation” between the magistrate and the religion. Thomas Jefferson would latter use that phrase to describe the...

Jackie Miller daughter is Destiny [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for Jackie Miller. She has a daughter named Destiny. She once lived in Mantachie MS. She is originally from Leaksville MS. She is around 30-31 years of age. If anyone can help; I would be so grateful. We went to college together at Itawamba Community College 1999-2000.

Destiny or misfortune? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been very confused about a situation that I encountered about April 2006. You see the story starts like this, when I was in jr high, I was crazy about this guy (John). We met through a mutual friend of ours and ended up in a childish relationship that only lasted a semester. We actually...

View more questions Search