Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poesia Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2006, 03:55 AM
    Hair dyed unevenly
    My natural color is medium/dark brown. I've been highlighting my hair for about 4 years, then dyed it all over a light brown about a month ago. I didn't like how it turned out, so about a week ago I used a demi-permanent dye that is very close to my natural color. I love the color, but the only problem is that toward the ends my hair didn't pick up the dye evenly, so there are spotty areas of the light brown color, that gives me a cheetah-like appearance, so I'm embarrassed to wear my hair down. I'm wondering if over time the color will fade to be more even or if I should just dye it again and get over the fact that my hair is going to be fried.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 13, 2006, 02:37 PM
    Demi-Permanent Colors (lasts about 12-24 shampoos). If you shampoo every day the color will fade. You may need to re-color when your hair color looks washed out or uneven. Don't apply the hair color all over the head, you can just apply the color toward the ends.
    poesia Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2006, 05:24 PM
    Thanks a bunch! I'll just wash like crazy then re-color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! I hate my new hair dyed colour! [ 7 Answers ]

Please can someone help me!! I dyed my hair this afternoon to a dark browny colour and at first I liked it but after a wile I saw it was just awful!! Its made me cry for ages because of it and I really need someone's help! I've been looking on the internet and people are saying I shouldn't try...

Help with dyed hair [ 3 Answers ]

Argh I recently dyed my hair black, my natural hair is blonde and I'm getting the worst regrowth already, and soon ill be going on roccatain(spelt something like that) and I really want to get rid of it because while I'm on the med I will have my formal... :eek: and I won't be able to do anything...

How to Fade Dyed Dark Hair? [ 12 Answers ]

Im naturally a very fair, light brown colour hair and I died it black about 3 months ago but because my hair is so long I used two hair dyes to cover it. Unfortunately it didn't and the ends of my hair stayed the same light colour. Now my roots are coming through so I have light roots and light...

Help me get my yuk dyed hair to a nice color! [ 3 Answers ]

I used to be blonde, and recently I went to the hair dresses to fix my regrowth, I told her I would like to get my colour changed just a little bit so I wouldn't have to keep coming back to get it fixed, like go light brown or something. Anyway I came out with red hair and it is horrible!! :eek: I...

Highlight too dark dyed hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Today I dyed my hair a light ash brown and it is really dark, esp. since I am a dark blonde normally. Should I wait for it to fade and continue to get funny looks from friends OR should I put some highlights in to break up the all over brown? I have only washed it once and underneath this new...

View more questions Search