Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asmallstar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 05:03 PM
    Caught but not arrested; will it show on a background check?
    During high school a friend of mine and I got caught trying to shoplift from a Best Buy. Yes, it was rather stupid of us, but we were in high school and acting like fools.

Anyway, we were caught and removed from the store, but there were no police involved, we did not pay fines, we were only asked not to come back. Will this show up on a background check?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2009, 05:13 PM
    Hello a:

If all they did was ask you to leave, how are they going to give you a record? It takes a persons NAME to do that.

And, even if they DID write your name down, you have to be CONVICTED in a court of law in order to get a record.

Dude!

excon
    asmallstar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello a:

If all they did was ask you to leave, how are they gonna give you a record? It takes a persons NAME to do that.

And, even if they DID write your name down, you have to be CONVICTED in a court of law in order to get a record.

Dude!

excon
    Thank you; I wasn't sure if they'd have it on file or not and I've never done anything else like it and I didn't want to let one mistake keep me from getting a job. :] They didn't take our names or anything.

Thanks again!

Star

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background check [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am natalija. Have a record of shoplifting and received provincial offence notice, and I plead guilty and paid the 500 Dollars, but should not appear in the court. Now I got a job offer from the private company but according to them ( a private and a very company) "once you have...

Will arrest show on criminal background check? [ 16 Answers ]

I got arrested and released from booking by judge due to no probable cause. The judge even didn't consider it. Will the arrest show on any kind of criminal backgrounds check or fingerprint check?

Background Check? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I have a theft charge. I got defered ajudification if that's how you spell it well that means I never get convicted charged and it will only say pending for a year then dismissed for two years then completely gone after 3 years. But I Want a job and I am not sure what will come up when they...

Does an arrest (only)- if in the state of are.I.-show up on a national background check [ 2 Answers ]

If someone was arrested in the state of Rhode Island but never charged with a crime, will this show up in a national background check used by employment agencies for hiring??

View more questions Search