Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cabover4us Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2006, 09:05 PM
    17 1/2 hp mtd blows fuses
    Hi, my dad has an mtd 17 1/2 hp gear drive mower, just after he bought it, it started blowing the fuse. Warrentee took care of that one. That was six years ago, now its blowing fuses again. Replaced the fuse again, but then I installed wire loom on every wire I could get my hands on. The wires coming down from the key switch I noticed rubbed through and into the wire itself, so I taped the wire, loomed that gang of wires also, and yesterday, dad calls and sez it won't start, I mean turn over, he put a new fuse in and it works. I have noticed that the starter goes slower than when it was new. The key has to be turned sometimes a couple of times in order to engage the starter to turn over... I don't know where to look first now...
    Oh, 17 1/2 opposed twin, and runs super...
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2006, 12:46 PM
    How old is the battery?
    cabover4us Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2006, 01:38 PM
    The battery is about two years old
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2006, 07:06 PM
    Have it checked out, 2 years is about the lifespan for most.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Furnace Blows Cold Air [ 18 Answers ]

This actually just started a day ago and I am trying to figure out as much as I can before calling a service person (if necessary). My apologies in advance if I am leaving out important details but I've never dealt with a faulty heater or A/C before. My central heater in the attic was running...

Cold Air Duct Return Blows Instead of Sucks [ 16 Answers ]

HI, I need your help. I have purchased a home that has a new Hi-Effency forced air furnace. The house has a 2 1/2 ft crawl space - no basement. The heating and return ducts are below under the floor boards of the house in the crawl space. The crawl space is insulated as are the ducts. My...

Gas furnace blows out cold air at night [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a problem that I haven't quite seen here and I have no idea how to search for it. Here's the deal: I have a gas furnace. I'm trying to save energy, so I got a new thermostat at the beginning of the fall. I set it to 68 when we're awake and in the house, and 60 after 10pm and...

91 honda 1.5 dx crx blows gas out intake [ 4 Answers ]

I have a crx with 172000 miles on it. Here's the background.I got the crx about a year ago and have maintained the car well ( full sythetic oil, premium gas, fuel injector cleaner, c/a intake, headers). The problem started after I was flushing my coolant, cleaning the throtle body, and degreasing...

Briggs & Stratton blows white smoke [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Cub Cadit garden tractor 1500 series with a Briggs & stratton engine When coming off an incline the engine starts bolwing white smoke like it is pulling engine oil into combustion chamber. What causes this?

View more questions Search