Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AirHd823 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2004, 03:24 PM
    Audio Causing Lock-ups
    My audio is causing my computer to lock-up... Only Resort=restart it manually... Please advise on what to do... All drivers are installed...

Sound: Onboard C-Media 6 Channel

Motherboard: Soyo PX 400 Ultra Platinum Edition

CPU: Intel P4 2.4 Ghz 533 Mhz...

Please HELP!!
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 7, 2004, 07:08 PM
    Audio Causing Lock-ups
    I suppose it could be an irq problem, but I would think the more likely culprit would be software (read: windows).

Is this a store-bought retail box or is it home-built? If it is "retail," have there been any hardware changes.

You wouldn't happen to have a linux boot CD on hand, would you? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New washing machine causing sewer back up? [ 8 Answers ]

Just under a month ago, my Mom and step-father gifted us with a new washer and dryer. The washer we had was approximately 13-14 years old, and while working mostly fine, I think was probably on it's last legs. While using the old washer, we would (for the last several months) have to shut it...

Causing a negative pregnancy test? [ 2 Answers ]

I a supposed to leave for Basic Training next week... A few weeks ago I found out I was pregnant, had a d&c, so I a no longer pregnant. However, my hcg levels are still being detected by a pregnancy tests. Is there anything I can drink or do to get my hcg levels to drop back to normal more quick?...

Humidity causing damage to drywall ceiling? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I live in NC and have been having a problem with the discoloration and some slight hairline cracking on the ceiling of our garage. During the summer it is extremely humid in the garage and I have noticed there are a couple of long thin strips on the celing that are slightly discolored...

Does anybody know what's causing this? [ 8 Answers ]

About two weeks ago I went to the doctor for a physical well during the physical I told him I was having a very rapid heartbeat after exercising that would not start to calm down till about 5 hours after I was done. Well he set me up an appointment to be seen in the heart center well the first...

Is stress causing me this? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm having problems at school meaning too much stress and pressure from my parents and this is my first year on college and at first I was doing great but then more and more pressure of my parents I received, I'm a good girl I haven't done anything that I know that is wrong for example sex...

View more questions Search