Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shuganadia27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 05:28 AM
    Filing for siblings
    Hello .if I am an us citizen am I allowed to file for my sister:)
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 6, 2009, 09:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shuganadia27 View Post
    hello .if i am an us citizen am i allowed to file for my sister:)
    Yes, if you are qualified...
    @ income no less than 125% of poverty guidelines.
    @ never owe taxes
    Etc.

Timing is a key role here.. depends on what country you're from. It's now between 12-25 years.
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Feb 12, 2009, 11:38 AM

Yes, your sister will be a family based 4th preference. You start with the I-130 relative petition showing you are a USC and you are sisters (at least one common parent). Please check the DOS visa bulletin, as there is a significant backlog in this category and filing the I-130 may make it more difficult for her to get a NIV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 siblings won't agree to sell home owned jointly by 4 siblings [ 1 Answers ]

I am one of 4 siblings who co-own a lake home that we received from our mother. Two siblings need to sell their share of the property to raise cash, and two siblings refuse to sell the property or buy out the two who wish to sell. Do the two who need to sell their share of the property have any...

Siblings and uncle will say get out [ 9 Answers ]

My brother and sister are in my mothers will. We will inherit half the house along with my uncle, my mothers brother. My brother lives in another state. My sister is here in NY. I have been living in the house for the past 30 years along with my mom and uncle. Mom is downstairs. My uncle and me...

Looking for Other Siblings Re: Reamer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm not interested in where my biological father is, but I know for a fact I have other siblings that I don't know. I was born in Philadelphia and still live here. I know of 1 other sibling although I've never met him/her. My bio father's name is Raymond Reamer. He supposedly was missing...

Filing status as Married Filing Jointly or Filing Separately [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been in USA on L1 for the following time period: May 2006 to January 2007. August 2007 till Date. According to the substantial presence test, I completed my 183 days in US in November 2007. So during 2007 I was a dual status alien. My non-working spuose and year old...

Siblings and Inlaws [ 3 Answers ]

I have two older brothers who are both married, and I'm single. My middle brother and I both agree that when my Dad passes away the only people who will be able to make any decisions should be my two brothers and myself. My oldest brother wants his wife to be able to make decisions too. His wife is...

View more questions Search