Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anongirl17 Posts: 50, Reputation: 4

Feb 6, 2009, 02:59 AM
    Have I messed up my pill cycle?
    I've been on the pill Cilest (a 21 day monophasic pill) for about 6 months and over Christmas I tried to skip a period by taking 2 packets without the 7 day break between. The nurse and the instructions said that this should be fine. However, 2 days into the second packet I got a full on period just as I would have if I'd taken the 7 day break...

I carried on taking the pill and when I had finished the second packet I got another period as I should have, a couple of days after the last pill. All, I thought, was back to normal...

... But. I'm due to finish my current packet of pills on Sunday, and have my period on Wednesday, but it seems to be starting already! I've had pinky brown discharge for several days and it looks like it's turning into normal period blood. Great.

Have I messed up my pill cycle by trying to skip that break? Should I just stop taking the pill? Or should I see what happens next month?

I'm so frustrated, until Christmas I'd had no problems with it whatsoever!
    La Siesta Encantada Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 11:21 AM

I would continue taking you pills as directed. Your body is programed to have a monthly cycle and when you basically tricked you body out of one cycle by going straight to the next packed you threw your bodys timing off. It will become more normal soon. But dont go off of it as it will likely make things worse. If you are extremely concerned call you doctor and ask a few questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Plants: Light Cycle vs Dark Cycle vs Calvin Cycle vs Cellular Respiration? [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone explain to me the difference between these? I am trying to write a lab report and have no idea what I'm writing about.

Messed up Cycle, Way late Period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a freshman in college and I am living in a all girls dorm. At the start of the year my period was regular. I had my period on September 21 which was normal, but then my next period was October 24 (which was irregular for me). I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, he quickly...

The Pill and its affect on my cycle [ 2 Answers ]

I want to go on the pill in the future and I am wondering if it will affect the time of my cycle? Will I get my period earlier or later than I do now without being on the pill? Thank you.

Need Answers about possible implantation bleeding or just messed up cycle? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. My husband and I are not really trying but we aren't trying not to get pregnant, if you know what I mean. We are trying to let God just work his miracles. All my life I have had a normal cycle. Very dependable and regular. Well this...

View more questions Search