Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ItalianMami82 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2006, 02:36 PM
    Ovulation and pregnancy
    I ovulated July 24th about when is a good time to test for pregnancy?:confused:
    bhattim Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2006, 02:51 PM
    About two weeks or say 2-3 weeks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2006, 02:59 PM
    This is the best way to describe what you are looking for:

A couple expecting a child can estimate the approximate time of conception (fertilization) by adding fourteen days to the date of the onset (beginning) of the last period. They can predict the time of birth by adding 266 days to the fertilization date. Most babies are born within 10 - 15 days of this calculated time. (Hole's Anatomy & Physiology)

Implantation takes approximately up to two weeks to complete.

So effectively the best time for you to test for pregnancy would be on August 24th. This is when the hCG hormone will be at the highest level in your body. This will last for the first two - three months of pregnancy and then begin to slack off.

Good Luck and please keep us posted.

Aug 11, 2006, 11:04 AM
    Could I test maybe next week as well and hcg would be detected?
    Expert

Aug 11, 2006, 11:33 AM
    You could test next week, which would be the 14th through the 19th. HCG may be present. However, if you read my post above yours your best test date would be on or around the 24th.

Good Luck

Aug 11, 2006, 12:31 PM
    So if I test the 24th and I find out I'm pregnant. How far along would I be do you know?

Ps: you've been very helpful!
    Expert

Aug 11, 2006, 12:34 PM
    Without a complete history and physical I can only guess that you would be about 4 - 6 weeks. But understand that for some women the hCG hormone does not show until the 8 - 12th week of pregnancy.

Aug 11, 2006, 01:35 PM
    Really sometimes it doesn't show till the 8-12th week wow.. any advice about when id expect my period. I know I recently got off birth contrl almost 2months ago, but I figured it would be this week but notin came..

Wow really 8-12 weeks. I know therse not much info out there for you, but from what you've read that I've posted. You have any idea when id get my period. I thought for sure it would be sometime this week. But I don't know
    Expert

Aug 11, 2006, 02:19 PM
    Without doing a complete in-person history and physical it is impossible for me to give you any idea if you are pregnant or when you will get your period.

The info I am giving you is strictly from the info that you gave me.

Our cycles all vary according to age, hormone levels, stress and several other factors. I have my cycle every 60 days, some have theirs every 21 days, etc.

Please treat your body as though you are pregnant until you know for sure. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Good Luck

Aug 11, 2006, 03:25 PM
    Since I'm going to treat my body as I'm pregnant. What are good foods to eat.. (just in case I am) and what are the ones I should avoid?
    Expert

Aug 11, 2006, 03:38 PM
    Almost any food is a good food to eat.

Stay away from diet drinks.

Go to the local store, if you have Wal-Mart in your area, get some pre-natal vitamins. These are good to take whether you are pregnant.

Aug 11, 2006, 04:34 PM
    What are good foods to eat in case I am pregnant and what foods should I avoid..
    Expert

Aug 11, 2006, 06:38 PM
    Those are both very good vitamins. Be sure to include potassium, like orange juice.

Aug 16, 2006, 06:32 AM
    Im still patiently waiting for the 24th to come to test. I was just wondering why the 24th of aug would be the best time to test. I know you know more about the workings of this.. and any other advice you could give would be great..
    Expert

Aug 16, 2006, 06:41 AM
    It will give your body more time to build up the hCG hormone so that it will show up on a test.

Good Luck, keeping my fingers crossed for you!! ;):D

Aug 16, 2006, 06:46 AM
    Ah I got you. I need all the luck I can get... thanks.. my husband and I are trying to be patient haha.
    Expert

Aug 16, 2006, 06:49 AM
    Be patient. It is not unusual to try for 6 months to a year before becoming pregnant.

So, practice makes perfect, and eventually it will happen. Just have fun practicing!! :D

Aug 16, 2006, 07:32 AM
    Well if I didn't conceive this time I will have fun practicing=) I was just a little surprised that I ovulated that soon. I thought for sure it would be at least another month before id ovulate, but then again all women's bodies differ I've been learning a lot about everything to do with before epregnancy during. Its not bad to read up on and become more aware.. I was wondering does folic acid vitamin help in conceiving? I know you take it but I was just wondering if it helps at all?
    Expert

Aug 16, 2006, 08:20 AM
    It does not hurt to take the folic acid. I believe it is more for the health of the baby once the baby is conceived.

Aug 17, 2006, 09:06 AM
    Is it normal to have a white discharge? Does that mean pregnant or anything. I've noticed the past few days its been "wetter" might be tmi but I just don't know what it is. I don't know if maybe its just ovulation again (if thast possible) or if that would be a sign of pregnancy?? It almost feels like I'm leaking like at any moment ill get my period.. but I don't have cramps. Def need advice.. I notice it in my underwear its white

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ovulation [ 11 Answers ]

I can't seem to figure out when I ovulate.

Ovulation [ 1 Answers ]

Can you get pregnant if your not ovulating?

Late ovulation? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to your site and could really do with some advise. Have been trying for a baby for several months and I hoped that this month was the one. My last period was 22 Feb, I expected to ovulate sometime between 5th- 11th March as my cycle is normally 27-30 days. Imagine my shock this...

Ovulation [ 1 Answers ]

Is stress a big factor in delaying ovulation. My LMP is just November 11 '05.. when is the best time for intercourse? I'd like to get preggy. Thanks!

View more questions Search