Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 25, 2006, 08:06 AM
    Yeah, it should show up by now. And remember it must be FIRST morning urine. It only takes about 5 minutes.

When was your last period?
    ItalianMami82 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2006, 08:12 AM
    Honestly I have no idea. When I got off the pills June 24th I know I bled a few days after that but that was I believe from getting off the pill. And like I said I ovulated July 24th. I didn't have any period before that, and on the 31st I had really lite barely there bleeding but it was brown. So I don't know if the 31st was my period or maybe I was one of the few that expereience implantation bleeding. That's why I'm confused and can't figure things out. Ill most likely pick up a test today and test tomorrow morning.. but could it still come up that I'm not pregnant if I am? And would I be better off going to get a blood test. I called and told my rn all about what I went through the dates I stopped the pill took the ovulation test and that part where I had the light barely there bleeding for a few days.. and she wanted me to come in for a blood test.. but I haven't gotten a chance being so busy that and I wanted to try a hpt first .
    Expert

Aug 25, 2006, 08:22 AM
    HPTs are known to give more false negatives than false positives. Meaning it could possibly tell you that you are not pregnant when you really are.

Take it, but still make the appointment for the blood test.

Aug 25, 2006, 01:54 PM
    I'm planning on taking it tomorrow.. so blood test is good to just to know for certain if I am or not right
    Expert

Aug 25, 2006, 02:02 PM
    Yes, blood test is the best. Let me know what you find out tomorrow.

Aug 25, 2006, 08:51 PM
    I will let you know tomorrow with the hpt. I noticed tonight while having sex with my husband and I noticed it a few times before when I was asking you if maybe I could be pregnant. While having sex its almost like I'm more sensative and aroused more so while engaging in intercourse. Its never been like that before meaning its like its more sensitive if you know what I mean. My friend told me she was pregnant and the sex was great cause of the orgasims and it was amazing. Haha I don't know if that's what I'm experiencing or not. I just realized it tonight that it was more I don't know the word. You know what I mean? What could that be from.

I took and ept hpt this morning first urine and it came up negative. So from there you think there's still a possibility I could be pregnant? And should I schedule a blood test this week? I was hoping it would show a positive but I'm glad I didn't stress myself over that.. I don't even know when my periods due. If not knowing could I still be possibly testing to early I'm guessing my blood test is the only way to go cause it can detect it even before urine right?
    Expert

Aug 26, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Well, HPTs can give false positives. It is best to go with the blood test. And while you are at the doctor you should talk to him about all of your concerns.

Aug 26, 2006, 07:26 AM
    Hahah I love practicing lol. But do you think maybe I should still get a blood test just to make sure? I'm asking you cause you know more about this. I do know my rn wanted me to come in after explaining my situation I just haven't gotten around to being able to. What's your take.

I think I read the wrong cmoment from you thst why I responded with practice lol. But I think I might just schedule a blood test this coming week if I can get in there.
    Expert

Aug 26, 2006, 07:28 AM
    Yes, get the blood test. Yes, go to the doctor.

They can do much more for you at this point than I can.

Aug 26, 2006, 08:49 AM
    I'll keep you posted. Do you know how long the results of a blood test take? You have been very helpful to me.. thanks
    Expert

Aug 26, 2006, 08:57 AM
    They take only a few minutes at the doctor's office. But I suggest you speak to your doctor about your situation.

You seem to be really stressed out over this and stress will cause you problems with your period as well as probems getting pregnant.

Please do not be afraid to talk to him, that is what he is there for.

Aug 26, 2006, 08:57 AM
    Lately I've noticed my stomach feels different.. like the middle lower.. I wouldn't call them pains but here and there ill have a small I guess you can call it a cramp not really though. Its not painful it just feels weird. I don't know what that is. But I guess ill bring that up to my doctor as well.

I'm not stressed it might seem that way with all the questions, but I'm just trying to learn more about this and talk to others that may know something about this all. That's all. And I will discuss everything with my doctor.. I haven't been stressed at all I'm just taking a day at a time keeping busy. I must make myself sound like a nutcase sorry.

Aug 29, 2006, 08:47 AM
    I have a question about cycles.. if you have a 28 day cycle. Does that mean you count from the first day of your period and once you get to the 28th day you should have your period again? I've never really understood that nor did I have to because the pills kept me on track. Let me know.. thanks
    Expert

Aug 29, 2006, 12:30 PM
    That is pretty much how a 28 day cycle runs. However, not every woman has a 28 day cycle. Only the lucky ones!

Aug 29, 2006, 12:39 PM
    No I knew that . I just was confused . I knew day 1 of your period started your cycle. But if you had a 28 day cycle. Then on day 28 again you'd have your period correct?
    Expert

Aug 29, 2006, 08:00 PM
    Yes, you should.
    shantoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2013, 07:17 PM
    I had my period on the 14th-20th of last month and I ovulated on the 26,I would like to know when is the best time to take a hpt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ovulation [ 11 Answers ]

I can't seem to figure out when I ovulate.

Ovulation [ 1 Answers ]

Can you get pregnant if your not ovulating?

Late ovulation? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to your site and could really do with some advise. Have been trying for a baby for several months and I hoped that this month was the one. My last period was 22 Feb, I expected to ovulate sometime between 5th- 11th March as my cycle is normally 27-30 days. Imagine my shock this...

Ovulation [ 1 Answers ]

Is stress a big factor in delaying ovulation. My LMP is just November 11 '05.. when is the best time for intercourse? I'd like to get preggy. Thanks!

View more questions Search