Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2006, 09:10 AM
    This is just moisture that us women build up sometimes. The vagina is "self cleaning" and sometimes this just happens. Nothing to worry about unless there is an odor or itching. Then it could be a sign of a yeast infection.
    ItalianMami82 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 10:20 AM
    Nope no odor or itching. I was just wondering if maybe I'm not pregnant and maybe getting ready to ovulate again. Is that possible? Its sticky I know that.. like if I check my cm its sticky
    Expert

Aug 17, 2006, 10:25 AM
    It is possible you are getting ready to ovulate again. When you and hubby do try, I think I mentioned, but just to reiterate, only have fun every other night, not every night.

Aug 17, 2006, 10:32 AM
    every other night is good? Thast what I thought, but I heard some people say every night. If I am getting ready to ovulate again do I just keep checking cm? I mean like I said I decided to check it not to long ago and it was white and sticky.. if I am beginning to ovulate then is this the post ovulation and if it is how many days would it be actual ovulation. You have been so helpful to me I can't thank you enough

I'm still going to check the 24th to see if I'm pregnant.. I guess either way ill keep practicing every other night just in case I am ovulating again. But one thing I'm not stressing this=)
    Expert

Aug 17, 2006, 10:39 AM
    Actual ovulation takes approx 3 days. The egg is alive for 24 hours. Sperm can live in your body for 3 - 4 days and sometimes more. We actually have an 18 hour window to become pregnant every month. :eek:

Sheesh, with that in mind it is surprising people get pregnant at all!! :eek:

Sex every night will lower the sperm count in hubby, every other night is best so that the sperm can regenerate. Remember, he needs to wear boxers, not briefs... no hot tubs... etc. Heat kills sperm. Men are lucky though, they get a new "batch" of sperm every 90 days. We only get the eggs we are born with.:(

Good Luck. Got my fingers crossed.

Aug 17, 2006, 10:47 AM
    Men are lucky that they can get make a new "batch" of sperm. So say if I was starting to ovulate or post ovulation. This is just a scenerio. Since cm is sticky say its post ovulation. About when would I actually start ovulating? Or is it safe to say I should maybe take this as I am ovulation and have sex with the hubby tonight and every other night from today?
    Expert

Aug 17, 2006, 11:02 AM
    Hey, have fun and start tonight. You never know what is going to happen.

How long have you been trying? It is the lucky woman who tries and gets pregnant right away. Most of us try for 6 months to a year before getting the happy news.

Rememer post means afterward. So if it is post ovulation it is after you ovulated, in this case get started tonight.

Have you bought an ovulatuion kit and tried that? It might be a good idea at this point.

Aug 17, 2006, 11:46 AM
    I actually just started. I got off because June 24th and we decided why not try. We knew going in that it might not happen right away but we decided to try anways=) it would be nice to get lucky first time around but who knows.. isi t called pre ovulation I'm not suer of these terms.. I haven't bought one but I probably should.. OK since I messed it up. If it was before ovulation where I'm getting this cm. then does that mean ovulation could be in the next few days? If you know what I mean. I had a few ovulation tests but I usedt hem already..

meaning if this sticky cm that I'm finding is me preparing to ovulate again. Then how many days would I be till I ovulate? I don't know how many days you pre ovualte before ovulation takes place . If that made any sense.. I have to wait till tomorrow to get a ovulation test because I'm short of money at the moment due to all these crazy bills. Luckily its only this month=)
    Expert

Aug 17, 2006, 11:55 AM
    From the time ovulation begins till the time it stops, meaning from the time the egg is released from the ovary until the egg dies is approximately 3 days.

Get an ovulation kit tomorrow, but have fun tonight just in case.

Aug 17, 2006, 11:57 AM
    So I could actually have already started the time frame for ovulation? That is if I actually am? I will have fun tonight haha.. and ill get the kit tomorrow to see if I really am ovulating.. if ovulation is a possibility is a pregnancy a possibility? Do you release discharge when you have conceived? Just wondering. Next week the 24th is when I'm testing for that. Unless the ovulation test says I'm ovulating..
    Expert

Aug 17, 2006, 12:04 PM
    Discharge could honestly be anything. That is how our vaginas stay clean.

Without a face-to-face history and physical it is hard for me to give you any more info than I already have.

You need to stop worrying... worry will only lessen the possibility of pregnancy. Stress will stop you from becoming pregnant.

Just take a deep breath... there, now blow it out... good...

Relax. Honestly, if you keep worrying and stressing it is never going to happen.

Aug 17, 2006, 12:29 PM
    I know I'm not really stressing or worrying. I'm just very curious. Since I was on because for about 2 years or so I haven't had any normal period/ovulation etc. so its new to me again. But thanks for reminding me to stay relaxed=)
    Expert

Aug 17, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Just keep yourself level headed and things will work out.

All in good time my dear, all in good time.

Aug 19, 2006, 11:28 AM
    My cousin had a question and I thought id ask you. She wanted to know if there is a way to detect or measure (if that's the right wording) you hcg. She said after doing reading people were putting the hcg amounts they were having.. is there a way to detect it that is if your producing it?
    Expert

Aug 19, 2006, 12:27 PM
    I am totally unsure about this one, sorry. The only thing I can guess is that the doctor would have to give you this number if indeed he requests it. Typically they only look to see if hCG is present.

I just thought of something, you mentioned a whitish creamy discharge, this could mean you are already pregnant. If you can get one, you may want to get another HPT. ;) If it turns up negative I would go to the doctor if I were you.

Good luck and let me know. :D

Aug 20, 2006, 08:06 PM
    hey well thank you.. I have noticed it lately.. I will have to take another hpt.. so you think I should see a doc just in case too? I will keep you posted=)
    Expert

Aug 21, 2006, 05:57 AM
    I would see a doc too.. yes, most definitely...

You need to get a blood test, and vitamins if you are pregnant... If not you most likely need a physical and discuss your concerns with him/her.

Aug 21, 2006, 03:13 PM
    I was thinking about getting a blood test even if the hpt showed negative.. I have my fingers crossed too.. would it matter what time of day I do the hpt I know they say the mornign is ideal but I don't know if ill get a chance or for that fact remember cause I have to be at work at 730 so I don't know if it would be on my mind as I rush in the am haha
    Expert

Aug 22, 2006, 06:21 AM
    Morning HPT is the only way to go. And, just so you know. Take the test first thing. Has to be the first urination of the day. Take your shower and the test should give you the results. They only take about 10 minutes. Good luck.

Aug 25, 2006, 08:02 AM
    I haevnt gotten the chance to test with work and finishing my school. Im not stressing testing. Cause it's a 50/50.so you think by now that if I am pregnant it should show up right? I still wish I knew about when my period was due.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ovulation [ 11 Answers ]

I can't seem to figure out when I ovulate.

Ovulation [ 1 Answers ]

Can you get pregnant if your not ovulating?

Late ovulation? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to your site and could really do with some advise. Have been trying for a baby for several months and I hoped that this month was the one. My last period was 22 Feb, I expected to ovulate sometime between 5th- 11th March as my cycle is normally 27-30 days. Imagine my shock this...

Ovulation [ 1 Answers ]

Is stress a big factor in delaying ovulation. My LMP is just November 11 '05.. when is the best time for intercourse? I'd like to get preggy. Thanks!

View more questions Search