Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinklemonaid23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2009, 01:44 AM
    A kids movie I'm trying to find !
    I'm trying to find a certain kids movie. I only saw it once, when I was about 7 or younger. Its and 80's movies possibly. Its about this kid who goes on a quest to save his father in this fantasy land. And this movie was so magical and had such an impact on me for some reason but I never remembered what it was called. If anyone thinks they might know this movie please let me know.

Description:

It wasn't a cartoon, it had real actors. It takes place in England. The main Character was a little boy. His parents died and he was living with his mean Grandmother. I remember at the beginning the Grandmother told him to go to the store to get some crackers, unsalted. He went and accidentally grabbed the wrong ones. On his way home, he was knocked around by some bullies he knows. I remember they were playing street hockey, and they grabbed his hat and slapped it around, getting it all dirty. So he gets home and his grandmother sees he's all dirty, plus he got the wrong crackers. So she drags him to the bathroom, grabbing him by his hair and washes his face kind of violently, then sends him to his room. Then later that night an angel or something comes to him and says he's a good boy and that his father isn't dead, plus that his father is some kind of king I think in this magical fantasy world. Also that he has been captured and that the boy must go to this world and save him. I remember when he got there it was like this fantasy forest type place. Also there was this little forest child or an gnome or something and he had this flute thing he made and kept playing this song that was pretty. I know there's a happy ending, he saves his father and stays there and lives with him and doesn't go back with his mean Grandmother. So that's about all I remember.

Any ideas ?
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Feb 6, 2009, 06:40 AM

Mio min Mio (1987)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find the name of an old kids movie from the 90s [ 1 Answers ]

Im trying to find an old movie i used to watch when i was young, it was a sing along and a little boy goes to sleep and his toys come alive. The toy consist of a princess, a computer, humpty dumpty, a king, and a cat that i can remeber, and they all have their own singalong. And i do remember that...

Fantasy Movie: Pilot father's kids find special object on beach [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for title to this movie- a pilot's kid's are sent to live with relatives while he is at war. They find a special object on the beach that grants wishes sort of. They wish to see their father and he saved during a battle. Can't remember if it was WWI or WWII. Any help appreciated.

80"s kids movie with a dinasour and kids [ 3 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was little. It was a about kids that I believe found a dinasour that's all I can remember and it's driving me nuts! Help!

Trying to find the name of a kids movie I watched in the 80s [ 3 Answers ]

I was born in 84 and I vaguely remember it so I'm guessing its from the late 80s early 90s maybe? But I really want to find it :) It was a cartoon movie, all I remember was that there was this girl and these giant slater-like bug things with heaps of eyes. And she surfed on the glass case from a...

View more questions Search