Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tpeter104 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2006, 12:04 PM
    I play baseball and have been for 12 years. Im 16 years old. My dad is 5'10 or 5'11 And My mom is 5'3". I am currently 5'9 and would like to know if I can grow anymore. I want to be at least 5'10" and My moms side of the family is somewhat short, but I have no clue about my Dads' because he was adopted...

Thanks for Helping!

-Tim
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2006, 12:08 PM
    Well, honestly that is hard for anyone to say because it is genetics that causes you to be as tall or taller than your parents.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to make us grow taller or stay short.

Just so you know though, many men do not reach their final growth spurt until the age of 18 or 19.

Just eat healthy and exercise and you will grow to your fullest potential.
    vwb101 Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Aug 10, 2006, 12:53 PM
    I would say you probably will grow more. Ages late 15 to 18 is when boys grow most so in these few years you need to eat like a horse. Eat ALOT- but don't let it turn into fat. Do your excersise and everything but try to eat A lot. And by that I don't mean junk food and stuff, I mean protein, eggs, meat, fiber, milk and allot of fruits, that's how you will grow out. And don't worry you still have until you are 18 to grow so just try to stay healthy and eat allot of your proteins and vitamins. This might be a myth but I heard doing stuff like pull ups and stuff that allows your body to stretch off the ground should make you a tad bit taller.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2006, 03:04 PM
    Don't forget your veggies!!

And yeah, unfortunately pull-ups and stuff is a myth :(. You can't stretch your bones!! This is actually very good to help upper body strength.

Too bad it is or you would see me hanging from the shower rod every day doing pull-ups. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Miracle Grow? [ 5 Answers ]

My flowers do not seem to be doing very well. I thought I try feeding them with Miracle Grow plant food, but they do not look any better - they look worse actually. I put less then the recommended amount in the water, but they are still turning brown and yucky looking. Any suggestions? Petunias,...

When will 30 yr old Grow UP? [ 12 Answers ]

My 30 year old daughter is emotionally a teenager. She blames me for most of her problems that she deals with. Her teen years were horrible for all of us. We as a family went to counseling to help us over come some of the problems. It helped for a while but then everything seemed to get stuck...

Will I grow anymore [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys I'm new to this forum!:o I've just turned 16 and I'm a guy. My dad is 6 foot tall, my mum is 5 foot 7 and my 2 bros are 6 foot 1 and 6 foot 2. They are 20 and 27 years old respectively. I was just wondering will I hit 6 foot 1 or more? I'm 5 foot 10 at the mo and I'm pretty active and...

What will grow under a tree? [ 6 Answers ]

We have a large Black Walnut tree in our neighbors yard but on the fence line to our house. We are trying to plant something to block our view of their house but it needs to be able to compete with the tree roots. Is there any way to plant or any other design ideas to help us block the view? Thank...

My beard doesn't grow up [ 2 Answers ]

I'm at 20 age ,and my beards doesn't grow up well on my face ,what I do?

View more questions Search