Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kel_115124 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 08:35 PM
    Theft Over $5000
    Hi, I just found out I'm being charged with Theft over $5000 in toronto. What are the consequences I will face and what are my choices?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 08:44 PM

Choice, plead guility or not guility

Normally jail time happens

You hire a good attorney and fight it
    Kel_115124 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 09:06 PM

Thanks. The charge is because a friend of mine stole money and drove out west with me. I didn't know he had stolen the money and now I'm being charged along with him. I was applying to go to the army but I know this is going to postpone it. Is paying a restitution a quick way out?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2009, 05:28 AM
    Hello Kel:

If you're not guilty, paying restitution is a way to screw up the rest of your life.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under 5000 [ 2 Answers ]

I have this friend well my moms ex who I kept in touch with he's an alchaholic, and he would always get me to do beer runs or do some of his banking to take money out for him. I did so a couple times a week recently I went and took money out for him, 900.00 once, then a few weeks before that over...

Theft Over $ 5000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if there is anybody out there who can tell me this answer. I recently worked at grocery store, where I was charged with theft over $5000 I am 17 years old and it is my first time in trouble with the law. What is penalties and what am I looking at? Any chance of no jail time....

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Theft under $5000. [ 1 Answers ]

Once get the appearance notice from peace officer, would it be possible to settle matter out of court by accepting guilt and paying fine or any demand by shop (out of court). Commodity amount was around 175$

Theft over $5000 [ 3 Answers ]

On a late summer evening in 2000, I was running a BK drive through when I was robbed. I happened to know who these people were but failed to tell the cops who they were at first. They took me downtown for questioning... then several hours later was being charged. Apparently the robbers (who did...

View more questions Search