Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JMIssana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 07:40 PM
    How can I get my Sony Cybershot to click faster?
    I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-H2 6.0 digital camera. When I try to take pictures of my kids and dogs it takes 2 to 3 seconds to actually shoot the picture. I have tried all the settins, turned off anti-red eye, turned of auto focus, used the sport setting... I just don't get it? Is it the camera? Should I buy another style to get what I want? PLEASE HELP ME?? :mad:
    jcdill Posts: 249, Reputation: 24

Feb 5, 2009, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JMIssana View Post
    I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-H2 6.0 digital camera. When I try to take pictures of my kids and dogs it takes 2 to 3 seconds to actualy shoot the picture. I have tried all the settins, turned off anti-red eye, turned of auto focus, used the sport setting...I just dont get it? Is it the camera? Should I buy another style to get what I want? PLEASE HELP ME???????????:mad:
    These cameras are not good at taking photos of sports, kids, dogs, etc. If the camera offers a manual exposure setting, that can help. The other thing that can help is to prefocus on the spot where you want to take the picture by 1/2 pressing the shutter, then wait for the action to come to that spot- to come into focus and into the lighting you have preset the camera for.

Another option is to go to a DSLR camera that gives you much more control. However, these cameras are also much more expensive, and you have to buy a lens as well as the camera.
    Jetranger Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 03:21 PM

This is the downside of P&S (Point & Shoot) cameras. The delays vary between different models and can be frustrating.

DSLRs are very inexpensive now... if you are serious about this at all as a hobby, I would look into getting an entry level Nikon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sony cybershot T700 - pcb portable-cannot use [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - on my office computer I cannot install programs. I am trying to use pcb portable to upload my photos to my machine (as I don't have machine/internet at home) in the office but it errors out citing problems w/ registration media then asks me to use the pcb portable maintenance tool - don't...

Sony Cybershot won't click. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a sony cybershot p100 which has all of a sudden started giving problems.:confused: The issue is that it refuses to take pictures. When I press down th click button the picture doesn't come on the LCD screen. I am not so sure of what's going on here.Calling sony support they asked...

If you have a sony cybershot, you would be much hel.p! [ 2 Answers ]

hey guys, i just purchased a sony cybershot blue with money i got for christmas and when you view a picture and press menu, it shows an icon with sciccors and above it says "divide" and i was messing around, and pressed it and it says " this photo can not be divided ". what is dividing and how do...

Samsung 8.1 MP L830R VS. Sony Cybershot 7.2 MP [ 3 Answers ]

I plan on purchasing a new camera and my budget is $200. I realize that the Samsun L830R gives me more MP to work with, but Sony Cybershots have an amazing reputation. They both have different modes which Im also looking for... Which should I go with, Samsung L830R or Sony Cybershot? ...

View more questions Search