Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TeresadeCalcuta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 05:19 PM
    Can I obtain Sole Custody in AZ?
    I am wondering if I can obtain sole custody of my child. I only dated her father for a
    couple of months and got pregnant, we were never married and when he found I was pregnant he didn't wanted my baby. He would hit me on the belly and that is the main reason why I left him. After she was born, I've never received any assistance from him, and I am not thinking of requesting it either. All I want is for him not to have to do anything with her, maybe when she grows and knows better and is her desire she can contact him, but not now. I am concerned that he will try to take her away just to cover appearances with his family. Besides he would be a bad example since he is an alcoholic.
    Please help and let me know where can I get help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 08:02 PM

Do you have any proof, such as a police report where he assulted you. Any other proof he would be a danager to the child.

First the child is yours and his, not just MY BABY.

And unless he objects you can file for full legal and physcial custody.
    He can object, he can ask for standard visitation, and unless you can prove him a risk he sill get it. Even if you prove it, he can still get supervised visits normally.

The court in your filings should ask for you to also file for child support, this is for the welfare of the child,
    heyes47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2011, 02:45 AM
    Can I go for full custody for my children aged 6 and 9, they are very unhappy living with there mother because she is never in the house she's living her life as if she is a single woman with her new boyfriend and my children allways want to come to my flat which when it suits her she lets them my children are my world and want to give then a good up-bringing and stability please can some-one help me I'm very worried about my children. Thanks tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting sole custody [ 1 Answers ]

I am a father of a 8 yr old son. My son has lived with me since me and his mom spilt up. We were not married. I tried being nice and let her see him when she wanted. The problem is she never came around- at least not much. She will call and say she coming to see him and then not show up. She has 2...

Sole Custody? [ 5 Answers ]

All right, I'm pregnant and due in just over 2 weeks. It wasn't until the last week or so that my now ex-boyfriend decided that me and him should start getting along and being friends, and has started trying to be a part of my life so that he can be a part of the baby's life. I slept with one of...

Sole custody [ 2 Answers ]

my question is my brother and his wife have got a divorce he no more lives in the united states he now lives in nigeria, when the wife filed for divorce she files for sole custody without consulting my brother whom would of loved to have had joint custody now she only lets my brother see his son...

Sole custody [ 4 Answers ]

The father of my daughter is a sneaky bastard, anyhow I just found out he is taking her to greece and my not come back... he has sole custody and they say I have no rights to my daughter... they say they are reserved... I can't afford an attorney and live in another state... anyone have any advice

View more questions Search