Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thefourthwall Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2009, 04:58 PM
    02 Accord EX - Auto Transmission Oddity
    Hello,

This is the third day of driving the "new" 2002 Accord EX and the little "quirks" keep piling up [sigh].

When the transmission is in "D3" cruise control cannot be engaged and, if it was engaged, becomes disengaged.

I've never encountered this before; it did not happen on the 01 Accord DX.

Have any of you heard of such a thing? At this point I do not know if this is a "feature" or a "failure."

Thanks all,

thefourthwall
    ddollinger Posts: 145, Reputation: 12

Feb 6, 2009, 11:29 AM

Isn't that a 4 speed automatic? Why would you want to engage cruise and drive around in 3rd gear. If that is the case, I would assume that the cruise function is disabled until you are in 4th gear.
    thefourthwall Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ddollinger View Post
    Isn't that a 4 speed automatic? Why would you want to engage cruise and drive around in 3rd gear. If that is the case, I would assume that the cruise function is disabled until you are in 4th gear.
    It is a 4 speed automatic, yes. I would want to engage cruise and drive in 3rd gear to minimize the transmission frequently shifting from overdrive-to-4th-to-3rd and back again during the commute home which is a 30-40MPH hilly ride on backroads.
    ddollinger Posts: 145, Reputation: 12

Feb 17, 2009, 07:33 AM

OK. Now I understand...
    I had a Nissan that would not allow the cruise to engage in anything but high gear. This may be the case with yours. That could also be the reason it is disengaging. When it downshifts to from 4th to 3rd it would disengage the cruise. Check your owners manual on this...

Sorry I can't help you out on this other then offer you the experiences I had with my (no longer own) Nissan Sentra...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a 96 chevy cavalier auto transmission. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 96 chevy cavalier auto transmission can I take a 97 chevy manual transmission and put it in my 96?

2002 Honda CRV auto transmission overhaul? [ 1 Answers ]

My 2002 Honda CRV has 44,000 miles on it. I was told I need a transmission overhaul. The codes are P0845 and P0700. I see the P0700 refers to the automatic transmission but can not get a read on the P0845 code. I filed a case with American Honda re: the transmission overhaul. I have owned 4...

Honda civic 2001 auto transmission Slips? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a auto transmission 2001 civic that intermittently skips or hesitates coming out of first gear... but only the first time is comes out of first upon starting the car up. Basically, almost every time you get in the car... pull out of a parking space etc... the car takes and long "pause"...

View more questions Search