Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mp732 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 02:37 PM
    Intermatic t103 timer hook up
    Hi I just installed a Intermatic T103 timer to my water heater. It doesn't seem to be working. I hooked it up two different ways and still the timer stays still. I first hooked it up as the spec. lines 1 and 3 were my line and lines 2 and 4 were my load nothing. Than I tried because it is a 220v water heater I tried just one line in and jumped the other to the load side 4. What am I doing wrong and is this timer sound like it is bad? Please help
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2009, 03:00 PM

Look closely at the diagram below, do you have a motor wire going to "A"? or do the 2 motor wires connect to 1 and 3. If connected to 1 and 3, it needs a 240 volt timer motor, if connected to "A", you need a neutral, the motor can be swapped out to 240 Volts if 120 is spent, and there is no neutral:
    http://www.intermatic.com/images/ins...8ts10946-1.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Timer stopped working- Intermatic T104P3 [ 3 Answers ]

I am not sure how or why my pool timer stopped working, but I would like to know how to troubleshoot this issue. I have a multimeter and tested the wires with the breaker off and wires 1&3 have a reading(coming from the breaker box) but the other wires do not change when testing. I have tried...

Intermatic T101 timer will not turn on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Intermatic T101 timer which is only used once a day (evening). It is turned on at 7:00PM and turned off at 10:30PM automatically. The problem is it has stopped turning on by the tripper. I replaced the on tripper but it still does not work. I can turn it on manually. It does turn off...

Intermatic P1353 3-Circuit Timer [ 7 Answers ]

I am replacing my old Intermatic mechanical time clocks with the digital P1352 Timer. It has three separate circuits. It is a 120/240volt unit. The old timers had Line 1, Line 2 and load 1 and Load 2 blocks. The new timer has three separate Line 1 and Load 1 bolcks - NO Line 2 or Load 2 blocks....

Intermatic wall timer/switch [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to install one of those cool in wall programmable timer/switch but have a question. The switch I would like to replace controls 2-500watt halogen lights, 2-150watt incandescent flood bulbs, 60watt outside door light, and finally 2-150watt halogen lights which totals up to 1660watts. ...

Proper Wiring for Intermatic Timer [ 1 Answers ]

I just replaced simple switch that consisted of a hot in and load out to the filter plug (while the remainder of the wires including ground go directly to the plug) with a double pole/single throw timer. The manual switch works, but the actual timer has no power. I simply took the live wire and...

View more questions Search