Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ceddie13 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2009, 08:56 AM
    Ex might be liking a player
    Hey I need a little advice, me and my ex did the basic split for the first time with no talking this Monday and haven't talked since. She is going with this guy to the school dance and before we stopped talking of course I made the why you going with him and just over christmas break you said he was annoying and touchy. He has been asking me every time my status with her changed what's with you two I wouldn't tell details to him because I'm not that type of person. But I never knew why he kept asking... well I hear they are always walking in the hall together and she said before how he said he will be there if she ever needs to talk and when I talked to my friend ( female) about the guy because she had some flings and cheated on her boyfriend while he was at west point with this guy. She told me that, everything I was telling her, are the same things he said to her and since she droped him nov in the doing stuff with him while she is dating my friend that he doesn't try to talk to her any more. But my ex doesn't see this. He started macking a lot more when we stopped being official and now he has her going to the dance with him and she agreed to hanging with him AFTER the dance. Besides will she ever come back to me or find me the better guy for her( she never said it was over) for GOOD just I need time. So will my fear of them doing whatever happen or will she see him for who he really is? I need advice ALL DAY because the dance is tomorrow and I'm getting nervous.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 09:01 AM

I need time,is a nice way of blowing someone off.She is trying not to hurt your feelings.If this guy is a player,that is for her to find out on her own.If she is old enough to date,she is old enough to accept responsibility for her mistakes.

Feb 6, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I need time,is a nice way of blowing someone off.She is trying not to hurt your feelings.If this guy is a player,that is for her to find out on her own.If she is old enough to date,she is old enough to accept responsibility for her mistakes.
    Yeah I've def used it before, I know we all say this and I could be in denial but, I just feel like since I'm long distance and that guy said all the right things when we were having a bad time that maybe that's why she is moving on. NOT because she likes him but because he is comforting her while we fought. Also your right she will learn from the mistake, but I got to know is there a way to fix me and her, and if she does see this guy for what he is will be come back or what?
    ardahk Posts: 74, Reputation: 12

Feb 6, 2009, 09:09 AM

Give her the cold shoulder and see her reaction - do not be there for her.

Read my thread and you will see what 'I need time and space' really means.

Feb 6, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ardahk View Post
    Give her the cold shoulder and see her reaction - do not be there for her.

Read my thread and you will see what 'I need time and space' really means.
    Ok will do, we haven't talked for 4 days I have this txt ready saying hey just saying hey even though we aren't talking. Jw if we could talk sometime not now but whenever your ready maybe about the weather. Is that BAD or is that a OK txt.
    ardahk Posts: 74, Reputation: 12

Feb 6, 2009, 09:20 AM

If I were you I really wouldn't text her - she is going to a dance with this guy after telling you she didn't like him.. doesn't that make you angry? - use that to help you not text and not reply when she does and then reply after an hour etc - just don't be as available but at the same time you can't do this with the hope that something will start up again.

Just don't talk to her, don't be rude or cold but just give her the impression you are fine because to be honest nothing is the end of the world but the end of the world - everything else we always find a way to live with.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 6, 2009, 09:36 AM

Dude, she is being really nice about this break up, and has moved on to enjoy herself.

Don't text or contact her in any way, and move on with your life.

Its so over, now accept it, and save your dignity some humiliation, and your ego some misery, and pain. Leave her alone and delete the text!!!

Feb 6, 2009, 09:42 AM

Sadly your right the text was dumb, and she was nice about the break up. I guess its SUPER hard to let go I mean a year and 2 months done in 3 weeks even though up until last weekend I got the I miss you and flirty texts. Its time to face it I guess. Anyone want to explain why players like that guy get what they want and leave us good guys out in the cold or girls?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 09:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ceddie13 View Post
    Sadly your right the txt was dumb, and she was nice about the break up. I guess its SUPER hard to let go I mean a year and 2 months done in 3 weeks even though up until last weekend I got the i miss you and flirty txts. its time to face it I guess. anyone wanna explain why players like that guy get what they want and leave us good guys out in the cold or girls?
    Only with a mentality like that, will this be true. Your emotions are clouding your judgement right now. Please, don't think like that... believe me, it isn't true.

Carry on... :cool:

Feb 6, 2009, 09:49 AM

Well this guy is and heck I got the lets not mess around speech and That's all that guy wants to do. Right now mentally I am not great because I have to face the fact its over, not another chance or anything. She's really over me wow.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 09:51 AM
    well this guy is and heck I got the lets not mess around speech and THATS all that guy wants to do. right now mentally I am not great because I have to face the fact its over, not another chance or anything. Shes really over me wow.
    It's a hard pill to swallow, I know. Eventually, you will bounce back, and not have the loser's mentality that is haunting you right now. You are a good guy, and good guys win, period! I know it sucks to go through this now, but it makes you such a better person in the end. EVERYONE MUST experience heartbreak at least once in their life. Better to get it over with now.

Feb 6, 2009, 09:58 AM

I guess its hard to believe she threw away, our relationship, our friendship, and heck basically anything we had for a guy she really BARELY knows. I miss her a ton, rite now NC is what I'm doing, heck I have been to the heart broken stage with a ex and chasing that girl for 2 years was ROUGH, but then my now ex came and it was great and she isn't the type to get over something SUPER fast especially this but everything isn't making sense, I will move on I just need answers.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 10:12 AM
    I guess its hard to believe she threw away, our realtionship, our friendship, and heck basically anything we had for a guy she really BARELY knows. I miss her a ton, rite now NC is what i'm doing, heck I have been to the heart broken stage with a ex and chasing that girl for 2 years was ROUGH, but then my now ex came and it was great and she isn't the type to get over something SUPER fast especially this but everything isn't making sense, I will move on I just need answers.
    well, personally I believe that every person in your life: good or bad, is a gift... an opportunity to learn, love, make mistakes, fall down, get back up and grow. And sadly, sometimes we don't get answers! No matter how hard that is to swallow. Its just the way it is. And its painful and it can be sad.

I totally sympathies with the thoughts that you have now, how she threw it all away, B/c that is basically what she did!

DId you chase your x girlfriend for 2 years after it was over? Did I understand that correctly?

maybe its time to learn from that! And not put yourself through the same strain as you did back then. To go around for 2 years, chasing a love that's dead and gone is a LONG time to be doing that. This time you have the opportunity to start the healing at an earlier stage...
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 10:14 AM

Hay Ceddie,They say nice guys finish last and when it comes to many young girls I think this is true.My eldest son is one of those nice respectful polite guys and he had been dumped on for real losers before.On the other hand my youngest who has a devil may care attitude has girls flocking to him so go figure.
    I think they think they can rehabilitate them or something.I don't get the mindset but I know it happens.They like the bad boys.Don't let that make you be something you are not.Some nice girl will appreciate you ,stay cool and be yourself!
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 10:23 AM

What artlady says is so true! There are girls/women out there who appreciates the qualities that you have. And you will find someone like that, lol usually when you're not looking.

Feb 6, 2009, 11:48 AM

Yeah someone will and that's going to be great. I just feel upset which I know is common and I need to move on and be happy, but right now it sux way too much and on top of that I lost my best friend. I knew my other relationships were over at certain times my 2 year thing she kept me along and I moved on when I was ready, same thing with my second to last girlfriend I saw it was more of a your cheating on me which I wasn't thing and BAM I knew it was over. But this no matter how much we fought, and we both wanted to be together, it would get better then something usually with other people we never fought with each other like its your fault people always got in the middle and we would fight about that. If its truly over with no chance of fixing anything and this guy and her date ( which they aren't) for however long heck they could get married then I will move on. Its been REALLY 4 days of NC, and we have flirted text for a long time even before the separate ways thing. She's def not the type to string me along nore lie to me, but if it was OVER she would have told me, and also if she was done and thought we weren't she would have just said we aren't I'm sorry I like someone else like I asked. I may never get my answers and that's fine, but right now I'm on what if's and those SUCk so if I get a shot and I fail then I fail but if I don't for awhile I will wonder what if. I don't know what to do besides NC and of course move on.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 11:49 AM

You are still stuck on Fantasy Island. When I throw you the rope, hang tight, so we can get out of there man!

Feb 6, 2009, 11:51 AM

OK, I'll hang tight
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 11:59 AM
    NC is always hard at first, YES! Hang tight! And grab a hold of KC's rope! You can get through this!

Feb 6, 2009, 01:21 PM

Oh I will

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smart move or stupidity [ 4 Answers ]

Quick background, broke up with ex girlfriend about 10 months ago.. NC for 2.5 months, she in long distance thing with this new guy, she last contacted me by email about month and half ago to which I gave no reply. Today coming into work I run into a mutal work friend (ex has same work type, we...

Last effort or stupidity [ 5 Answers ]

Well, been broken up about 7 months, some intermeiitent contact. Last time talked she mentioned she has seen other people, nothing serious though, myself the same. I still want something, she's unsure, loves seeing me and we have good time but not sure if can be happy like we were. She still has my...

Stupidity vs. well. Stupidity! [ 1 Answers ]

I had the sudden urge to see or hear something stupid/funny, so let's have some show and tell! Have you ever made a home video of something completely dumb? Friends doing the dumbest you've ever seen? You're child doing something absolutely hilarious? Or perhaps you didn't record? Share your...

Junkie Stupidity [ 1 Answers ]

About ten years ago I was addicted to heroin and racked up about 15 shoplifting charges in a six month period. I had never been arrested for anything before this and have never been arrested since. I was charged but never convicted because I never went to court. I now lead a normal life, clean and...

View more questions Search