Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2468me Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 12:03 PM
    What will happen will it work
    Well I'm married and I found out that he has a baby out side the marriage I am finding it very hard to deal with I don't feel comfotable around him and more, I feel very uneasy about it every time he leave the house. Also lately he been telling me he want another child but the way I feel I never want to have any more kids for him ever.

Feb 5, 2009, 12:05 PM

Help
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 12:06 PM

We will definitely need more information before we can give you advice. How old is this baby? Did he know and not tell you or are you both finding out for the first time? How long have you been together? Was the baby born after you two met?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 12:07 PM

He had a baby while you were married?

He had a baby prior to marring you? And you are just finding out about it?

Can you give more circumstance?

Feb 5, 2009, 12:17 PM

While we have been together for six years and the baby was born 1 year ago January he know but it but did not tell me until last year he's sister know and a think a few others but not me the way I found out I had a funny feeling something wasn't right and I confronted him with it then he told me I we have a child that is two and a half already

Feb 5, 2009, 12:26 PM
    [QUOTE=2468me;1530001]well I'm married and I found out that he has a baby out side the marriage I am finding it very hard to deal with I don't feel comfotable around him and more, I feel very uneasy about it every time he leave the house. Also lately he been telling me he want another child but the way I feel I never want to have any more kids for him ever.the child 1 gone January I didn't know about it his sister knew which its her friend and a few others knew but me, I felt something wasn't right so I ask him right out right he lied at first but the he came clean we have a 2 and a half year old. Some time I feel really down because I I'm the only 1 that knows on my family said but on his side every 1 knows. I feel so ashamed to tell any 1. Because of the fact I'm still with him
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 12:31 PM

You should not feel ashamed, you did not do anything wrong he did. Your family is going to judge him on these actions but they will judge him based on your reaction.

You need some time to figure out what you want out of this relationship, it was a huge blow and disrespect of your trust, you are now married and that only further complicates your situation but you need some time to figure out what you want and what you can deal with, so that you can come back to this relationship with a clear head OR you can choose to move on with your life without your husband. You need to go stay with family.

Feb 5, 2009, 12:39 PM

This the first time I'm using this I want it stay private because I just walked away from the PC and it just flesh back up for all to see please help
    TheLegacy Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2009, 06:53 PM

As odd as this may sound you have two choices

1) end it and move on to find either someone else or live a life protecting yourself and living with the idea that your heart was betrayed not just by your husband having an affair but also a child that does not belong to you and him

2) accept that your husband made a huge error in judgement, but now he has a responsibility for his actions. If you are a couple and love each other - then it is your choice to accept that error as well and assist him in raising that child. This would mean forgiveness, an open discussion and requesting that he needs to not only earn your trust - but to acknowledge his responsibility - betrayal and need to open his life up for inspection.

Which ever happens - the shame you feel can either be you're feelings that somehow if he went to someone else, that you failed or a feeling of remorse at what your partner did.

Stay strong - he is responsible for his own actions not you. You now will be responsible for your reaction. Be wise - love is not a feeling but an act of the will.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 2468me View Post
    this the first time im using this i want it stay private because i just walked away from the pc and it just flesh back up for all to see please help
    2468me, you can log out or you can go to your profile and choose not to get email alerts. I know this is difficult and I cannot tell you I understand. I can tell you that the ball is in your court. You get to decide whether to stay and work this thing out or go and move on. I do suggest you really think about it... I know you probably already have but make sure that if you decide to stay, you stay with the intention of no resentments, you have to be able to live with him and love him, otherwise it is just a losing battle and a waste of time. If you decide to leave, you leave and figure things out for yourself. Be strong and live free of shame. You aren't the wrong doer here. He was. He probably regrets it big time and is so sorry, but sometimes that just isn't enough. Whatever it is you decide make sure you are going to be (in the long run of course) happy. YOU+HAPPY makes for a healthy life. I wish you the best of luck, and here is a hug!

Feb 8, 2009, 06:02 PM

Its me again on same subject as before the person that he had the baby with its some one that he was seeing off and on before he meet me plus he's sister know all about the pregency because its her friend, and she didn't tell or speak to me like sister in laws do what do you think of that I'm I been difficult her, does she not respect me at all WHAT?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2009, 07:03 PM
    2468, What do you think you should do? AND why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What needs to happen? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok my girlfriend has a 18 mo old baby and his biological dad has seen him once... he is on none of his paperwork such as birth certificate, nothing. He will call one day and say I want to see my son, then the same afternoon he will call and say he hates the baby and hopes to never see him. He...

Does it ever happen? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone, just have been reading a lot of threads to try to help me through my days. I am doing well I think. NC and trying to keep my mind busy without thinking of her, its been 3 full months since the breakup. Anyway, was just pondering... How many of you on here have actually had your...

What will happen? [ 3 Answers ]

I am only 17 years old. I was with my husband for 2 years before we got married in April of this year. I got pregnant at 16 by my husband. He cheated through text messaging and he is leaving me my one year old daughter and I am 8 months pregnant? What kind of help could I get? I NEED HELP

What will happen to me [ 1 Answers ]

Whaen will I get engaed? When will I get married? Where will he be from? Will he be from abroad?

View more questions Search