Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micpar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 09:06 AM
    Biding commercail cleaning by sqft.
    I'm looking for the formula to bid a cleaning job by the sqft. This job will be 7 day a week & 5 days a week.
    Thanks for your help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2009, 11:01 AM

What type of cleaning, what is required in the job. Will you have to hire employees, furnish equipment.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 03:29 PM

Good question Chuck, please give us some additional information;

Commercial or residential?

What area of the country are you in? As prices vary in different parts of the country.

How long have you been the janitorial business? What experience level do you have?

One factor obviously is the amount of square footage. Less; the price per sq ft is more... more; the price is usually less and more competitive.

I would ALWAYS 'walk' the building/s and get direct, first hand information, Example; if you are given a total sq ft figure and bid on that you will probably be high in your monthly price. You want to find your 'cleanable square footage' figure. Will you be cleaning the furnace room, all the hallways, all the stairways, all the storage areas, etc? Subtract those areas from the total figure then bid that square footage...

Please use the 'search box' above to get some great information about cleaning and pricing.

If this helped, please let me know, thanks.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the right size gas furnace for a 950 sqft 2bedroom apartment? [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 6 unit 3 story brick apartment building in Nebraska. The building and furnaces are 40 year old. Each unit is 950 sqft, 5 rooms (2B, 1B, K & LR), has appx. 100sqft of single pain windows. One contractor wants to sell me a 75,000 BTU Goodman the other a 50,000 BTU Comfortmaker. What size...

Size furnace for 1800 sqft house [ 1 Answers ]

I have about an 1800 sqft house I have a new furnace that has 100000 input BTU and 80000 output is this enough to heat my house?

View more questions Search