Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elflord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2004, 08:20 AM
    CD burning - 703MB instead of 875MB?
    I bought CD-R rimax 100MIN/875MB and put it into my burning rom to burn a cd with maximum of my blues mp3s. But when trying to record them using nero v5.5 it said that there is only 703MB of recordable space there.
    What a surprise for me it was! What was the problem? It'quiet embarrassing to find that you will have to change your cd's just because someone tricked you or something went wrong. I'll greatly appreciate if anyone coul help to solve my problem. If there is any.
    Else I will have to look for another CD-R what is difficult here.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 21, 2005, 10:49 PM
    Help
    See if anything below helps you out. And try checking with the website
    cdfreaks they are very helpful there on CD and DVD issues.

this is for Lite-on 32x 32123S or iomega CDRW15360INT-B or any lite-on oem or any cd-rw drive capable of writing 90/99min CD-Rs

1. Make sure u do not use the wizard mode.. close the wizard if u are using it

2. to enable overburning feature in nero, 1st go to file > preference

to give u a clearer picture that u don't exceed the maximum limit of overburning on a 80/90/99min cd, u can use the status bar to help u mark the limits

to check how much u can overburn refer to step16

if u offen overburn on 80min cd, set:
    Yellow marker : 80:00.00
    Red Marker : 81:30.00 or 82:00.00 (if your cd-r can burn up to 82min)

for 90min CD
    Yellow marker: 90:00.00
    Red Marker: 93:00.00

for 99min CD (For those capable of overburning on 99min cd)
    Yellow marker : 99:00.00
    Red Marker: 99:40.00

3. next go to expert features tab
    and put maximum cd length to 99min (maximum 99min 40sec)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cd burning [ 4 Answers ]

I am a church webmaster I would like to record burn long play cd fast, is there a computer with mulit cd burning stand alone. And is there a software the burn multi cd's at once.

Burning... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there... I know a little about burning data dics... but one thing is I want to burn a pack of installer for example Adobe CS Pack but I notice that the file size is too big it won't fit in to my 700MB cd so I want to make it 2 cds like some installer pack into 3 cds or more... but I don't know...

Burning CD [ 8 Answers ]

I am having one heck of a time trying to figure out why, all of a sudden Nero will only write CDA files. Up until recently I have had no problem writing MP3s to CD in MP3 format. I have wasted many CDs while trying to find a solution. :-/

Burning fat [ 1 Answers ]

While exercising, your blood has to be pumping at the rate of 120 or whatever it is to burn fat. How long do you have to have to exercise at this rate in order to burn 1 gram of fat? What about calories? What's better, a bread with 70 calories with 1 gram of fat or a bread with 90 calories with...

Assorted CD Burning [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've a large number of Audio CD's. Now what I'm trying to do is burn my favourite songs from the collection of CD's into a single cd by selecting random songs from different CD's into a single CD. I've an XP Professional system with Yamaha CRW2200E CDRW. Nero toolkit is installed on the...

View more questions Search