Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dreaming07 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 06:46 AM
    What's he thinking.
    I was in a long relationship, over 10 yrs. So now I was trying to get back into the whole single scene. Well I have had a little secret crush on a guy in my neighborhood for the past 3-4 yrs but never said anything because I was in a relationship and I do not and would not cheat. This year he is coaching my child's sports team. Well one night I called him to ask what time practice was and after that we were texting for a while. Sometimes 2-3 hrs at a time just talking about different things. He knows I have a little thing for him and I thought he did for me just buy the little things he would say, he flirts a lot. Im trying to keep things on the low because I don't want my whole neighborhood knowing my business if it isn't anything serious. I keep to myself. Well for the past week and a half when I text him he doesn't text back. I don't know why. But when I see him at the games he flirts with me, walks by and bumps into me... and always smiles at me... little things like that. He actually called last week to tell me the game was cancelled and when he was hanging up he was like "alright sweety" . I don't know what is going on ,he won't text me back but in my opinion he flirts with me when I see him. Any suggestions??
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 09:34 AM

Ask him.

Hate to be overly simplistic but you can 3000 opinions on what he may be thinking but he's the only one who can tell you.

Then you know and that's easier, whatever the answer, than trying to make a stab in the dark at it.

Best of Luck.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 09:47 AM

Ask him out for some coffee and chat that way, texting leaves too much unknown

Feb 5, 2009, 10:35 AM

I was going to ask him last night after the game but too many people were in the way of getting to that conversation. What exactly should I say to him,lol. Its been along time for me, Im new to all this .
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2009, 01:24 PM

Say to him, "I'm taking junior for ice cream do you want to join us."
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 6, 2009, 12:23 AM
    This year he is coaching my child's sports team.
    Stop texting, and talk face to face over coffee, or ice cream. Then see what happens. Just don't get all desperate, and needy, as he is still your sons coach, and thats a problem.

You better be cautious getting no know someone as things can move very fast with STRANGERS, even if he is your sons coach.

Do you even know if he is single?? That's the first question of many, to ask!

Talaniman Rule- Flirting means NOTHING!!! Texting means nothing!!

Feb 6, 2009, 06:27 AM

Actually I know him, He lives in my neighborhood,lived here all his life, same as me. We would always say hi or small talk when we see each other around. He like myself, just got out of a relationship. I text him last night and told him I felt like a fool etc... and he said I'm not a fool, its him, he doesn't know what he wants. He said he's trying to figure out his life . So I take that as he's just not that into me, lol. BUt I know when I see him around or at the game he will flirt with me. I don't understand him. I think I should just stop the text and see what he does, if anything. Maybe I should play hard to get. Any suggestions ?
    DJ28 Posts: 161, Reputation: 13

Feb 6, 2009, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming07 View Post
    Actually I know him, He lives in my neighborhood,lived here all his life, same as me. We would always say hi or small talk when we see each other around. He like myself, just got out of a relationship. I text him last night and told him I felt like a fool etc... and he said im not a fool, its him, he doesnt know what he wants. He said hes trying to figure out his life . So I take that as hes just not that into me, lol. BUt I know when I see him around or at the game he will flirt with me. I dont understand him. I think I should just stop the text and see what he does, if anything. Maybe I should play hard to get. Any suggestions ?
    Well you just said he just got out of a relationship? Give him a little time you don't want to be a rebound do you?
    zeeniee Posts: 341, Reputation: 63

Feb 6, 2009, 06:55 AM

Looks like he needs time to heal- give him that time and so just be a good friend at this point- safe way to go about it.
    Irishgirl Posts: 129, Reputation: 18

Feb 6, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Games
    If he's acting like this already imaging being in a relationship with him,Personally I'd steer clear sounds like he's a lot of other stuff going on
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2009, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming07 View Post
    Maybe I should play hard to get. Any suggestions ?
    Don't play. Life isn't a game.

If you're interested, ask him for coffee.

If not, don't play the games. It just plays with your heart... and your heart is too valuable to be hurt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's this girl thinking? [ 5 Answers ]

Pretty straight forward situation just curious to as to what you all think. Im 22, finishing up school, and so is she. We had a class together that's how we met. After about a month or two I invited her out to a concert, we both had a really good time. I haven't had that good of a time on a...

Getting a divore what's mine and what's not? [ 3 Answers ]

Been married for five yrs two kids one is 4yrs and the other is 1 ,got a house 1 week before we got married and I never got my name on put on the deed.but have been helping with the mortgage the whole time,she makes a lot more money than I do and I also caught her in an affair with her ex...

What's he thinking? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend of three months sends me extravagant flower arrangements, brings me odd little gifts (cds and dried fruit?), and plans to see me basically every weekend. He even came to see me when I was really sick and didn't want him to come. He says he loves me. But he also is still going out with...

What's his and what's mine. [ 13 Answers ]

I have been a stay at home mom for 4 1\2 years, and I just reciently started a new career. I am seriously thinking about leaving my husband. We have three kids, a house, a car, and other debts. I am not spitefull, or mean, and I'm not a babymama drama kind of person. How do you go about what is...

Just thinking [ 4 Answers ]

My son is developmentally delayed. Since he got into Junior High, he has been getting into trouble. Mostly petty things. I'm considering home schooling him. I don't think he was ready for JH academically or emotionally. My questions have to do with how do I assess for myself where to start his...

View more questions Search