Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    friends_g4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 11:37 PM
    Change in visa status from H4 to F1 within USA or from India
    Hi,

I am currently pursuing my MBA on H4 visa in USA. I want to change my visa status to F1 from next semester in August 2009. College informed me to apply now by submitting Form, my I-94, financial documents etc. The process will take approx 4 months and I will be issued I-20. Later when I go to India in June, I need to get my F1 from there. Want to know what process I need to follow then in India for F1? What happens if my F1 application is rejected? Can I return on my H4 Visa or I loose the H4 status? Do I have to reapply for H4 visa to return in August? Or do I need to reapply for F1 to return to USA? Also for how long or till when is my H4 status valid during the F1 application process? Please answer me.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 6, 2009, 01:25 PM

If you want to change to F-1, do exactly what the college told you. Your H-4 won't be revoked unless..
    @ You are divorced.
    @ The principle H-1 is terminated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L2 visa status change to student visa [ 5 Answers ]

HOw do I go about changing my daughters L2 visa to a student visa as she wants to start college in the fall, Her L2 visa expires in June 2009

While cancelling visa and going back to india for visa change what are things needed. [ 1 Answers ]

While cancelling visa and going back to india for visa change what are things needed

J-1 visa tax exemption, change status to H-1B visa? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm from Thailand and holding J-1 visa. For J-1 visa I can exempt tax for 2 years. I'm wondering how's tax payment after 2 years in two different status. 1. If I extend J-1 visa, do I need to pay tax back for the first two years? 2. If I change to H-1B, do I need to pay tax back...

View more questions Search