Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afebles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 06:26 PM
    How to install a Honeywell Thermostat
    Hello, I purchased a home with a programmable Honeywell Thermostat Model RTH 7500D, however, the previous tenent took everything off the walls one of which is the thermostat. I can put it back but the wires are exposed and have no idea on what letter on the connector to install etc. I have four wires exposed: White, Red, Blue, and Red... The Thermostat letters: C, G, Y, O/B, RC, R, W, L, E, and AUX... Can you please tell me to what leters the color wires get connected to?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 4, 2009, 08:01 PM
    Look on the inside unit where the thermostat wires go and see what color goes to what letter terminal on the inside unit. Then use that color to go to the same letter terminal on the new thermostat. That is as best that can be done with your situation from here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install of a Honeywell RTH221 Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced a White Rodgers thermostat with a Honeywell RTH221. When I removed the wires there was only a white, green, red and brown. I am assuming the brown is suppose to be the yellow wire. I hook up the wires and all that I am getting when I turn on the air conditioning is hot air and the...

Install of Honeywell RTh221B thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

How do I install an Honeywell RTH221B thermostat?? I have a red, white and green wires on the old tthermostat. Where do the new terminals Y, G, Rh, Rc, and W connect to the old wires?? :)

Honeywell Thermostat Install [ 3 Answers ]

After an answer on this site I purchased a new thermostat today capable of central heat/cool and also for a heat pump. It is the Honeywell RTH6400. I currently have a White Rodgers (9510E7) rectangular thermostat. I am still having problems figuring which wires go where. Currently there are 8...

Install Honeywell RTH230B, Removing Honeywell Q674L [ 2 Answers ]

I am removing a old (1987) Honeywell Mercury THermostat Q472L Base that has W, R, Y, G, B, O. The RTH230B has Rc (which I assume to be B), Rh (which I assume to be R), Y (to Y), W(to W), G (to G). I have no idea what to do with the O (which I read could be the Changeover. Do I just tape it up...

View more questions Search